Koodo Community
Question

Mobile network not available for voice calls?? Moto G Power

• 8 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Mobile network not available for voice calls?? I’ve got phone paired/blue tooth on/contacts entered.

Try to make a call and that’s the message I get!!?? Mobile network not available for voice calls?? wtf?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do text messages and data work?

Can you try restarting your phone and see if that works? If not try resetting your network settings.

Thank you, Allan. This is my first smart phone so as you can imagine it is driving me nuts! I don’t use data.Strictly hands free phone calls. Haven’t tried texting. So I say “ call home”. The car starts to make the call and then shuts down because the message: Mobile network not available for voice calls ..I presume.

What do you mean by “ restart the phone” ? So basically you’re saying I should start all over again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean by “ restart the phone” ? So basically you’re saying I should start all over again?

Just simply turning the phone off and turning it back on!

A lot of the time this fixes most issues with smartphones:blush:

Thanks again Allan! Oh yeah phone has been turned on & off many times.

Currently on the phone with Koodo. In fact they tried to call me and even that didn’t work. Didn’t receive their call??? Got their technical support looking into it now. Obviously something very simple that I have neglected to initiate.

Allan, for your ref the problem so far, was that my Koodo account was still linked to my old SIM card #

so I had to go into my account and update the old # with the new SIM card # being used by my new phone.

So bottom line...make sure SIM card number gets updated.

Thanks,

Harry

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Allan, for your ref the problem so far, was that my Koodo account was still linked to my old SIM card #

so I had to go into my account and update the old # with the new SIM card # being used by my new phone.

So bottom line...make sure SIM card number gets updated.

Thanks,

Harry

Did you follow all of the steps when you swapped your SIM card?

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. On the Overview page, click Self Serve and select Mobile services from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select Change next to Change your SIM card.
  4. Enter your new SIM number in the text box and click Continue.
  5. A 5-digit verification code will be sent to your current phone. In case your SIM is lost/damaged, the verification code will be sent to another line or to an email address on your account.
  6. You’ll have 2 hours to enter the verification code in the SMS.
  7. Once you’ve entered the verification code, you can now insert your new SIM card into your phone.
  8. It might take up to 15 minutes for your SIM to be activated.