Koodo Community
Question

Making my new sim card work

• 21 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I am desperately trying to get my new-ish phone to work. I received it a few months ago, inserted my new Sim card, set it up and never received any calls/texts on it. I just continued to use my old phone because it was working and it didn't bother me to keep my new phone intact and mostly for pictures.

Now, I’ve lost my old phone and would like to actually activate my new phone! I can’t figure out how to activate the cellular data on my new phone. I’ve thought maybe using the “add cellular plan” would work, but I have no QR code. Adding manually doesn't help either because I dont have the sm-dp+address /activation code/ conformation code.

What do I do?!

Thanks for your help!!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you received your new phone, you could put the old SIM into it and made the new phone work. The new SIM wasn't activated by default. You could switch to it in self-serve.

As of now, when your old phone was lost, you would have to activate the new SIM. You would have 2 choices. One is to report it here and reactivate with the option "I have a new SIM card" https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone Another way is to visit a Koodo kiosk and a rep there could help.

I figured it out. I had to change my Sim card number on the website. Thanks !