Koodo Community
Question

Looking for support that is not a callback/bot

• 7 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I went through all the steps to transfer my phone number to my new phone and account switching to Koodo. However, I never received the SMS text confirming that it happened, and when I log in to my account it says there is was an error during the process, and to schedule a callback to fix it. My account reads that my new number is registered, but when I receive a phone call it goes to my old phone and SIM. I do not appear to be receiving any texts from anyone - I had my mother text me and I’ve not received it on either phone, but when she calls me it does ring on my old phone.

So I scheduled my appointment and diligently waited by my phones and no one called me. I’ve scheduled another appointment for tomorrow morning, but I’m looking for another option to fix this issue since I’m not confident they will actually call. Their number is not blocked, they just never called me back. 

I just want to talk to an email rep or something, like an actual person, since the bot keeps trying to schedule more callbacks. Is there an email support number? Or an actual line that I can call? I just want my phone number to be transferred over properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

CAn you make outgoing calls? Typically you cannot receive calls or SMS until the porting process is complete. If it doesn’t work in the morning and you don’t get the callback, we can refer you to Koodo’s porting department to contact.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I went through all the steps to transfer my phone number to my new phone and account switching to Koodo. However, I never received the SMS text confirming that it happened, and when I log in to my account it says there is was an error during the process, and to schedule a callback to fix it. My account reads that my new number is registered, but when I receive a phone call it goes to my old phone and SIM. I do not appear to be receiving any texts from anyone - I had my mother text me and I’ve not received it on either phone, but when she calls me it does ring on my old phone.

So I scheduled my appointment and diligently waited by my phones and no one called me. I’ve scheduled another appointment for tomorrow morning, but I’m looking for another option to fix this issue since I’m not confident they will actually call. Their number is not blocked, they just never called me back. 

I just want to talk to an email rep or something, like an actual person, since the bot keeps trying to schedule more callbacks. Is there an email support number? Or an actual line that I can call? I just want my phone number to be transferred over properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you put in your Koodo SIM card to your new phone? Have you restarted your phone since the port transfer? If you tried these steps and it still does not work, you can try to reach the Koodo porting team at 1-844-232-7678.