Koodo Community
Solved

After switching to Koodo my incoming calls were going straight to voicemail

• 20 December 2021
  • 4 replies

After switching to koodo my incoming calls were going straight to voicemail,  I had a call back from a rep who set up a temporary number while I cancelled my number with the previous mobile provider. There is a 90 minute window that expired and I have no access to another phone number to try again. As it stands now my phone is showing the temporary number, My question if I cancel my nmber with my former mobile company can I still port my old cell number over to Koodo? Changing to a new number is not a good option I want to keep my old number

icon

Best answer by Allan M 20 December 2021, 02:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No you cannot. You need an active account in order to port a number.

If you still want that number you will have to contact your old provider to get that account/number reactivated, then port the number to Koodo. Once the port goes through, the cancellation happens automatically with your old carrier so there is nothing extra that you have to do.

Hi Thanks for your response. what happened was I did port the number over but it wasn’t done properly so I was able to do everything except get incoming calls.  I had access to another number yesterday and the call back rep requested the former company port my number again, then I was to contact them and ask to cancel my number, after which it’s ported over to Koodo. The 90 minute window expired and I was to redo the whole process all over but now I have no access to another cell number, I’m in some sort of no man’s land now

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Thanks for your response. what happened was I did port the number over but it wasn’t done properly so I was able to do everything except get incoming calls.  I had access to another number yesterday and the call back rep requested the former company port my number again, then I was to contact them and ask to cancel my number, after which it’s ported over to Koodo. The 90 minute window expired and I was to redo the whole process all over but now I have no access to another cell number, I’m in some sort of no man’s land now

As a temporary measure, download the Fongo Mobile app for Android or iOS. This gives you a free local Canadian phone number. The app/service works over Wi-Fi (or mobile data) and will allow you to make calls and leave a phone number for callback.

Fongo Mobile app

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Assuming you did not end up cancelling your number, did you restart your device after your port transfer? It is likely it did not completely go through. I would suggest you to contact the Koodo porting team at 1-844-232-7678 and see if they can further assist you. 

If you did cancel your number, it is possible, but unlikely you may get your number back. You may want to reach out to your previous carrier to see if the number is still with them. It will be a hassle, but you will need to reactivate your service with them and try the port transfer again.