Koodo Community
Solved

How to get carrier update resent again to phone after porting in from another carrier?

• 10 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Our family ported into Koodo from Freedom and Fido and the carrier update was sent out to us but when we clicked up date, waited for a while and thought it was done and left house. I am 100% certain this update was corrupted since i am only getting 1-2 signal bars . I am hoping it won’t be a repeat from back in blackberry days when my contacts and phones got mixed up. Previous time with Koodo we had 5 signal bars for at least 5-6 months before it drop to 1 or zero. This subdivision in Niagara Fall has grown from 300 to at least 1500 houses and more being built as GTA is grown to unaffordable level. I can do this for One plus 6 and Lg  google pixle 2XL not sure if i can find it for 2 LG G6 H873. Reached out to Koodo tech level one and 2 no help there yet. They suggested reaching out to Lg. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 13 September 2021, 21:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried to reset network settings of the phone? Normally that would help with thecorrupted network setting.

Badge +4

For the two LG G6 devices (H873) - disconnect from Wi-Fi and enable mobile data. Check for updates by going to Settings > System > Update Center. There should be an update named com.android.carrierconfig. When the update is complete, reboot your phone(s).

For the two LG G6 devices (H873) - disconnect from Wi-Fi and enable mobile data. Check for updates by going to Settings > System > Update Center. There should be an update named com.android.carrierconfig. When the update is complete, reboot your phone(s).

Yes I did this, but the way it appeared on phone looks like it was completed its download and installed cause we waited for about 40 minutes plugged into ac outlet. So I left the house drove in greater Niagara Falls area which has so many black spot with no cell receptions; plus turned on hotpot on the 2 Lg for other tablets to connect to them. This is when we had issues after with both phones. now we cannot clear it out and begin process again unfortunately I don’t think I can sideload using adb or twrp radio firmware like Samsung or One Plus.

Badge +4

The update to Android 9 Pie is 3.03 GB, it’s possible that you may have interrupted the firmware update process. Usually a message appears when the system update is complete. The other way to check is to go into About Phone and check the Android version.

You will need the LG UP tool and a copy of the Android 9 Pie .kdz firmware file. The first link is the firmware download page for the H873. The firmware is listed under TELUS (TLS), phone should still work with a Koodo SIM inserted. The second link provides instructions on how to flash stock firmware onto your LG device using LG UP. 

https://lg-firmwares.com/downloads-file/20970/H87330b_00_OPEN_CA_OP_0917  

https://lg-firmwares.com/how-to-flash/