Koodo Community
Question

Dropped calls and terrible audio quality

• 12 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I’ve been a Koodo client for years with no issues.  But in the last 6 weeks or so, the quality of my voice calls has deteriorated to the point my phone is useless for phone calls.  Calls are garbled, with audio dropouts experienced by both me and the person on the other end,  Many calls also get abruptly dropped.  Interestingly enough, a friend who is also a Koodo client reports having identical issues over a near identical time frame.  The most that Koodo tech support has offered so far is to walk me through a reset of my phone’s network settings.  That didn’t help.    My stress is elevated because I have an elderly family member who relies on me and needs to be able to call  if needed.  I need the ability to make & take  phone calls.  I pay for it….why am I not getting it?   

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve been a Koodo client for years with no issues.  But in the last 6 weeks or so, the quality of my voice calls has deteriorated to the point my phone is useless for phone calls.  Calls are garbled, with audio dropouts experienced by both me and the person on the other end,  Many calls also get abruptly dropped.  Interestingly enough, a friend who is also a Koodo client reports having identical issues over a near identical time frame.  The most that Koodo tech support has offered so far is to walk me through a reset of my phone’s network settings.  That didn’t help.    My stress is elevated because I have an elderly family member who relies on me and needs to be able to call  if needed.  I need the ability to make & take  phone calls.  I pay for it….why am I not getting it?   

Where are you located? Is this happening to other Telus or Bell users in your area? 

I’m in Calgary.  As mentioned in my post I am aware of at least one other Koodo client in the city who is having an almost identical experience.   Note:  We even own different brands of phone, but are having the same issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you using? And which plan are you on? Have you tried to put the SIM into one “good” phone and see if the issue follow?

I will try that.  Thanks

One new observation.  The phone works flawlessly if I call after 7pm.   Have tried it 2 nights in a row now with same result.  This leads me to believe its definitely a Koodo network issue.   There’s typically less network activity at night so getting a good connection is easier.    Not acceptable.  Why am I paying 100% of my bill if I can only use the phone during 50% of the day? 

In Calgary and I too am having all of the same issues with my Koodo “service”. 
so frustrating.