Koodo Community
Solved

CAN make phone call but cannot receive phone call

• 11 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I change my phone service to kodoo on Last Sun. Now i can make phone call but cannot receive phone call from anyone. Please help! I have important incoming call in few days.

icon

Best answer by TryingMyBestHere 11 January 2022, 23:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you port your number over from another company?

If so, did you respond to the text message on your old phone/sim card to approve the port of your number?

Did you port your number over from another company?

If so, did you respond to the text message on your old phone/sim card to approve the port of your number?

I figured the problem, the yes request to transfer was not successful sent because of weak signal i think. How do I contact koodo agent to ask them to pull the request right now?. I cannot receive phone call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is a porting issue, so I’d try calling Koodo’s porting department at 1-844-232-7678. They handle just ports and specialize in it, so they’ll be able to assist.

Userlevel 1

It’s called “Half-Port” and usually happens during the porting process. 

Porting can fail if you have done it with IMEI or you haven’t replied ‘YES’ to porting request number.

Best case scenario: You still have your old sim, communicate the issue with the sales rep, or call customer service directly. You will need your account # from previous provider. With the old sim inside your phone, receive the port request text and reply ‘YES’.

Worst case: (don’t have the old sim)
You will have to communicate with your old provider and the new provider. The new provider will push through the port request and the old provider needs to reply on their end. You will have 90 min window to do so.

thank you for your help.