Koodo Community
Question

Bad service . SIM not activated and no one to help.

• 14 September 2022
  • 9 replies

I RECEIVED MY NEW SIM Card but its is not actvated.

Trying to speak to someone but no success. What a poor service and i realy start thinking switching over to another provider.

How can i activate my SIM on the protal if there is a way ?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you order the SIM? Did you do an upgrade as an existing customer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I RECEIVED MY NEW SIM Card but its is not actvated.

Trying to speak to someone but no success. What a poor service and i realy start thinking switching over to another provider.

How can i activate my SIM on the protal if there is a way ?

Why did you receive a new SIM card? Did you add a new line? Are you replacing an old SIM card? 

If you are looking to update it on the Self-Serve portal, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. On the Overview page, click Self Serve and select Mobile services from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select Change your SIM card.
  4. Enter your new SIM number in the text box and click Continue.
  5. A 5-digit verification code will be sent to your current phone. In case your SIM is lost/damaged, the verification code will be sent to another line or to an email address on your account.
  6. Once you’ve entered the verification code, you can now insert your new SIM card into your phone. Turn the phone off and back on again. Heads up! It may take up to 15 minutes for your SIM to be activated.

@MilkyWay thanks for the reply, but i dont want to change my SIM card. I have 2 monthly paid cards, the old one is working fine. The new one that i purchased last week and received the new SIM 2 days ago is the one that is not working. It says SOS only. 

So i am not changing my exiating SIM card i am adding a new line.

@Dinh  i added a new monthly plan. So it is a new phone and SIM. The new line says SOS only once inserted in the new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long has it been since you received it? Sometimes there is a delay in it being activated.

Received it 3 days ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Received it 3 days ago

Let me flag a Koodo rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chahine 

I have noticed that you managed to get help in the meantime.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thx, it was a faulty SIM card.