Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will I still get the 15% Koodo tab contribution if I keep my old plan?

I have an old plan (before April 19, 2015) where Koodo contributed to the tab balance every month. Will Koodo continue to contribute to the tab if I keep my old plan? I understand that with the new ones, the plans are cheaper but Koodo does not contribute to the tab balance.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo will continue contributing to your current tab until you decide to take an upgrade. At which to point koodo would no longer contribute to your new tab.
My tab is actually positive right now, but I'm weighing whether it would be worth it for me to change from my old plan to a new one. If Koodo does not continue to contribute to my tab balance, then obviously it is better to switch to one of the cheaper new plans. However, if the contribution Koodo tab contribution continues if I keep my old plan, it is actually a better deal than the new ones, even though they appear cheaper.
Userlevel 1
I would say continue to earn positive tab and then do upgrade because by doing upgrade there is no way back. The higher positive tab the lower will be Tab charge for next phone. Let says you get S4 with Koodo its $0 in store and 360/24=$15 will be tab charge on top of your plan If you have +150 Tab then it would be 210/24=$8.75 will be tab charge on top of your plan
Thanks Amir, that's what I was thinking, but I am just hoping to find out if the positive tab will continue to get larger now. Or will Koodo stop contributing since they have phased that out for all the new plans?
Userlevel 1
Until you don't do upgrade nothing will be changed. You will be earning 15% of your monthly bill and will be adding +tab. Once you do upgrade then everything will be changed.
I hope that's true! I will have to wait until my next bill to find out I suppose, unless someone from Koodo can confirm.
Userlevel 1
I am very much confident that it is true as I work in wireless industry and also represent Koodo
Userlevel 7
Aamir Jamal wrote:

I am very much confident that it is true as I work in wireless industry and also represent Koodo

I can confirm although I do not 'work' for Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter, note that your positive tab will only continue to grow until it is positive $150. At which point your positive tab will not grow anymore
Dennis wrote:

Peter, note that your positive tab will only continue to grow until it is positive $150. At whic...

In that case like after tab accumulation of 150 koodo should give 15% cash discount on to the monthly bills - yes?

Userlevel 3
Dennis wrote:

Peter, note that your positive tab will only continue to grow until it is positive $150. At whic...

Hey there!

When your Tab reaches $150 the contribution will stop and you will keep your regular monthly plan. 

Hope this helps!
Dennis wrote:

On the old system, if you didn't have the tab you got a discount or a credit for a new phone.  But now that is just taken away and our plans are effectively increased by 10-15% per month without us agreeing to these contract changes. I think it is fine that koodo has changed the tab, but I don't like that they aren't honoring existing contracts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

They are sneaky.  They dont actually change your plan or take it away.  They wait for you to make a change to something else for you to lose it.  If you never use tab or change your plan you can keep the BYOD discount
Thanks Dennis, I have a while until I hit that mark, so I'm happy to keep saving up for a new phone if the Moto G ever dies.
Userlevel 1
After I complained of the removal of the 10% BYOD discount, a Koodo supervisor agred to clear out my tab (~63$). I remain on my old plan. I suppose that I keep accumulating the 15% Koodo contribution? If the positive tab continues to grow to 150$ let's say and then I get a new phone from Koodo (I use the 150$ from my positive tab and I pay all the rest out of my pocket), will I be able to remain on my current "grandfathered" plan (QC 45$ 1GB) (and keep accumulating 15% towards the next next phone)?
Userlevel 7
Julien wrote:

After I complained of the removal of the 10% BYOD discount, a Koodo supervisor agred to clear out...

You complained about a discount you never qualified for? How does that make sense, Julien? That makes no sense why the supervisor would do that. That's in no way a reason to clear out your tab. Because they got rid of a discount that you never had. So the supervisor cleared your tab, and you just plan on building a positive tab? You got lucky dude. So I don't feel bad when I have to tell you this: No, once you use ANY of your tab towards buying a new phone, you will be on the new tab and will stop accumulating 15%. Once you upgrade your phone at all, you will be on the new tab. Cheers
Userlevel 6
Julien wrote:

After I complained of the removal of the 10% BYOD discount, a Koodo supervisor agred to clear out...

Get me that supervisor's name I want my tab to be wiped too.
Userlevel 1
Julien wrote:

Hey guys, I think that my comment was not clear enough and please excuse the fact that english isn't my primary language. I called with the hope of paying what was remaining on my tab and then getting on the 10% BYOD discount. I was not asking for special treatment or free credits. I insist that this is something that I would have done if I knew before April 19th that customers would not be able to opt-in anymore to the 10% BYOD discount. But Koodo did not announce their intentions. Many other users complain about that on different threads. I have been on t he 10% BYOD discount for a while in the past and I was intending on getting back to this discount once my tab would have been all paid out. The supervisor told me that they were not able to put customers on the 10% discount anymore if the tab was cleared (again, I asked to pay/clear all my tab). I found that deceiving that Koodo removed a feature without informing their (grandfathered) customers. The rep understood my insatisfaction regarding this removal and offered me to clear out my current tab as a compensation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Julien wrote:

I'm curious, did they say you can now accumulate positive tab too ? (After they cleared it for you)
Userlevel 1
Julien wrote:

Good question 🙂 The supervisor (who was very kind, friendly and understanding I must say) did honestly not know as to whether or not a positive tab could be accumulated when I asked the question. He said that the system was just put in place a few days ago and that some things were not fully sorted out. When I open the Tab page, I see that my tab is now at 0 and next to "Koodo Tab Contribution" it says 15% so my own understanding is that I can accumulate a positive tab. (It's unfortunate that those details have not been fully sorted out and explained by Koodo prior to the introduction of the new plans!) Following what Ahmad said, I fear that it might be a double-edged sword though because when I will use that +tab to buy a new phone, it seems like I might have to switch to a new plan which I don't want. I wrote to Koodo to obtain a clarification regarding that last aspect.
Userlevel 6
Julien wrote:

Hi Julien, you will still accumulate 15% on your positive Tab, until you upgrade. Once you decide to use your Tab, you will be switched automatically to the new Tab system. You can still keep your old plan though 🙂 If you feel more comfortable in French, don't hesitate to ask, nous avons aussi une version française de la communauté http://koo.do/1cKuUFv! Thank you!
Julien wrote:

I think as per the plan(means the agreement between koodo and clients) we can still get 15% contribution towards the tab even if we upgrade - yes?
Userlevel 7
Julien wrote:

No. The new plans are separate from the Tab now. You'll be paying the Tab on top of your plan.
Julien wrote:

"will still accumulate 15% on your positive Tab, until you upgrade".... This doesn't appear to be true.I've never upgraded my plan. Since the new website changed over my positive tab ceases to exist. It's now only 0.00. What's the deal?
Userlevel 7
Julien wrote:

Have you ever upgraded your device?