Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will I be able to keep my current plan if...?

Userlevel 2
I currently have a grandfathered postpaid monthly plan which gives me unlimited nationwide talk and text and 2GB of nationwide data for $60 before tax and I have a no tab discount that was grandfathered when I got the plan back in January 2014. I have a no tab discount because I brought my own device when I switched to Koodo from Bell. If I get a new device and get it on a Koodo tab, will I be forced to get a new plan along with the tab or can I keep my current plan? What are my options? This is just a hypothetical question because I'm hoping to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 when Samsung resumes global sales of the device once the recall period is over.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can keep your current plan forever, Daniel, the only thing that has changed is that you can no longer get the 10% discount after your Tab is paid off 🙂 If that is okay with you, go for it!
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

You can keep your current plan forever, Daniel, the only thing that has changed is that you can n...

So to clarify, if I currently don't have a tab on my account but decide to purchase a new phone on a Koodo tab, my no tab discount immediately disappears the moment I get a tab but I can still keep my current plan even with a tab. Is that correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

You can keep your current plan forever, Daniel, the only thing that has changed is that you can n...

That is correct. It would have even before the new tab system because you're no longer jus "byod."
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
Sophia wrote:

I received an email that the phone on my plan will no longer be useful, so must upgrade. This is when I found my plan has been changed to " no tab " . I've not been able to access self serve because of log in issues. I'm very frustrated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Are you on the cdma network then? What does it tell you when you try to log in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Have you tried to reset your Self Serve password?
Sophia wrote:

Yes,and it locked me out. What's the CDMA network?
Sophia wrote:

I went to a booth yesterday to look into this, and they had me call in. Of course I couldn't get through and my service personnel was very unhelpful
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

If you got the message, you most likely are running a CDMA phone and the CDMA network is being turned off very soon. As for issues logging into self serve, typically you can all in and have your self serve account reset. There won't be a charge for this as you can't do it yourself.

For the upgrade, you can take a look at what Koodo has currently available as well as their current in-market plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

The cdma network is the legacy network Telus used and is shutting down. The easiest way to distinguish is they don't use Sim cards to connect. You should be able to keep your plan but you should have gotten some sort of correspondence about getting a new phone (the Alcatel flip one) or credit towards a phone o your choice
Sophia wrote:

Thanks, what # do I call from a land line
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

From the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of the page:  Dial 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636).
[b]Hours of operation (local time):
    Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm  Saturday: 9am - 7pm  Sunday: 9am - 7pm