Koodo Community

Why is there a new Tab charge on my existing plan?

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

After 25 glitch-free, no complaints years, Telus Mobility switched me to Koodo in February 2020. My bill has  been exactly the same amount every month for the past year. This month’s bill (April 2021) increased with the addition of a TAB charge of $10.00. I have not had a TAB charge before and I have not changed my plan or my phone. Why is this charge suddenly appearing?
Digital assistant was beyond useless. It just kept explaining a Tab charge. I know what it is, I just don’t know why more than a year later it is suddenly appearing on my bill. I couldn’t find this question anywhere else. Please and thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would suggest you check the PDF bill of the last 2 months. Normally the page 3 or 4 of the PDF bill should have the detail and reason for it.

When you saw an sudden increase in price in cases like this, it was likely a monthly credit which was exhausted or there was an increase in your rateplan. In your case, it was probably because your 1 year monthly credit had been dropped.

Thank you! Yes, apparently it’s related to a credit that expired at 15 months. I’m so used to my bill always being the same. Clearly I need to pay more attention to detail.