Koodo Community
Solved

why do I have tab balance I bought phone outright from Koodo?

I purchased an iphone11 from Koodo I paid cash for the phone why do I have a tab balance?  If I understand it correctly it’s for the monthly purchase price of the phone.  Or is it for something else?  They charge me $15.  Help I don’t understand.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 29 July 2020, 02:18

As you can see from the contract, full retail price is there $1554 . Tab amount is $360. You  had to pay $1105 upfront (at the time of the purchase).

You didn’t pay the full price of the phone. And you had $360 on Tab to pay over 24 months.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could it be a POSITIVE Tab charge perhaps? How exactly does it show up in your detailed invoice? (you can give us a screenshot, make sure you obliterate personal information though)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How much did you pay for iPhone 11?

Wasn't it upfront price?

it is -$240 I don’t know how to load a picture.

I paid about $1600

Anyone have an answer for me?  I paid just under $1600 up front.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was that the iphone 11 price? I would suggest you check your service agreement to make sure if that was a iphone 11 or Iphone 11 pro (or pro max). The most expensive version of iphone 11- the 256GB retail price at Koodo is only $1219.

You could also check that information in the order email. I think there could be misunderstanding somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@tyrads Dinh is correct. You will be able to see the exact breakdown of your phone purchase on your agreement available online.  It will show you the tab amount as well as what you paid up front.  Sounds like you did not buy the phone fully outright if there is a tab amount on your bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you login to your self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill.  Does the PDF ebill show $240 tab and a $15 tab charge that matches self serve?  I only ask since the Tab section of self serve has been incorrect for the past few weeks

this is my contract

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As you can see from the contract, full retail price is there $1554 . Tab amount is $360. You  had to pay $1105 upfront (at the time of the purchase).

You didn’t pay the full price of the phone. And you had $360 on Tab to pay over 24 months.