Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Where are my monthly Points ??

I'm a Koodo customer, I brought my phone so I don't have a contract with Koodo,I have 2 lines on my account (for me and my wife). I don't know why I'm not getting monthly points every time I pay my bill ??

15 replies

Userlevel 1
What do you mean monthly points? Since you brought your own device you might be getting 10%off your monthly bill on lieu of accumulating Tab points
I mean the "accumulating Tab points"
Userlevel 1
Log onto Selfserve on the Web. There is a tab called "Koodo Tab" Click it and all your Tab info will be there. Did you sign up for the 10% BYOD discount though?
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

Log onto Selfserve on the Web. There is a tab called "Koodo Tab" Click it and all your Tab info ...

Actually the site will tell you too if your Tab status is No-Tab Discount
this is what the koodo tab tab gives me: Tab No Tab Discount Tab Balance +8.00 No Tab Discount 10.0% Date Reason Type Amount Balance 13-Dec-2013 Billing Accrual 0.00 8.00 11-Nov-2013 Billing Accrual 0.00 8.00 13-Oct-2013 Billing Accrual 8.00 8.00 30-Sep-2013 Activation Redemption 0.00 0.00 what is the "10% BYOD discount " ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmed Salah wrote:

this is what the koodo tab tab gives me: Tab No Tab Discount Tab Balance +8.00 No T...

BYOD is Bring your Own Device & is the same as the No Tab Discount just worded differently.
Userlevel 1
So no tab discount means instead of earning tab points you opted to receive 10% discount off your monthly bill
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

So no tab discount means instead of earning tab points you opted to receive 10% discount off your...

And by the looks of it you chose that effective tour second billing cycle. Hence no more accrual occurs
Userlevel 7
Mo D. wrote:

So no tab discount means instead of earning tab points you opted to receive 10% discount off your...

Virtual Star
this means .. that I either get the monthly 10% discount (as I'm bringing my own device) , or get the points ??
Userlevel 1
Yep. It's one or the other
I don't know how much I get for these tab points .. which one do u think is better ?? I have two 40 plans.. so I pay 36 each (without tax)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmed Salah wrote:

I don't know how much I get for these tab points .. which one do u think is better ?? I have t...

If you plan on upgrading your phone to a phone from Koodo in the future then it's best to get the "Tab Credits" instead of the "No Tab Discount" as the tab credits are 15% of your bill each month, where as the No Tab Discount is only 10% of your plan & add-On's each month. If you think you'll get a phone from elsewhere (not from koodo) when you upgrade then without a doubt the No Tab Discount is the way to go as the tab credits are non transferable & have no cash value, so if you don't use them & leave Koodo then you lose them. Also tab credits are capped at a positive of $150 so when you reach that you can't collect any more till you use them.
Userlevel 7
Ahmed Salah wrote:

I don't know how much I get for these tab points .. which one do u think is better ?? I have t...

Virtual Star
Userlevel 7
I'm surprised that none of this was explained by the rep or talked about while you were getting your phone initially setup? Guess it was just an oversight.