Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is the difference between owing "-$20.93" and "$20.93"?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Victoria, Koodo tab have a -value (0) +value. If it says you have a negative value, you still owe that much on that phone and if you want to upgrade your device, you will have to clear that one out first either in store or added on the next bill. If it has a positive value, that means you get that value as an additional discount on your next smartphone. For example, if a smartphone cost $150 on Tab Small (150), you will get a discount of $20.93, so the total will be adjusted to $129.07 before tax.
Owing -23.93 means technicaly they owe you 23.93 you have overpaid one of your bills so lets say next month you owe $200 that -23.93 will be taken off the bill so you will only owe 176.07 ( example only)
Userlevel 6
Mark, it depends on whether the -20.93 is his tab balance or his account balance. If it's his tab balance then Erwin is correct.
How do I know if it is my account balance or my tab balance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victoria Mullin-Lamarche wrote:

How do I know if it is my account balance or my tab balance?

Look at the Koodo Tab section on the Self Serve site (pictured below). If the sum refers to your tab balance, it will be shown here. In this example, it says -78.79 because that's what I still owe to Koodo. If this number was not negative, it would mean that I would have that amount to put forward toward a new phone purchase.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Account balance is your monthly payments amount. Tab balance is how much you still owe for your phone. You can check your tab balance under "Koodo Tab" in the self serve.