Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happens if there are no more tabs on the 19th?

Userlevel 3
Currently I have a positive tab balance.I was think about purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S6 or 6Edge when it is available.My question is,do I have to change my plan (grandfathered) since there are going to be no more tabs soon? Or will I still be able to get the new phone on med Tab and keep my current plan? Do I do all this before the 19th?

16 replies

Userlevel 3
I don't think I am totally understanding the new changes coming! Or how they would affect me,or even if they would at all.Basically I just want to know if I choose to get the new Samsung Galaxy 6 6Edge,would I lose my grandfathered plan?
Userlevel 4
There will me no more TAB medium, only 0% financing up to $360 paid back in equal instalment over 24 months or TAB plus a large subsidy In the $500 dollar range that requires you take a Tab Plus plan which will be similar to the current Tab large plans. So if you want the large Tab plus subsidy you will have to change your plan. Your should be able to use your positive Tab balance.

You may need to take a new plan to take advantage of the financing as well
Userlevel 3
Thanks Justin! So,If I choose the 0% financing up to $360,this means that I can keep my current plan and pay an extra $15.00 a month on top of my regular bill?
Userlevel 4
Like I said in my last line , you may need to take a new plan to take advantage of the financing.
Userlevel 3
My grandfathered plan is too good! If I have to lose it then I'll take business elsewhere! Which would be sad cause I've been with Koodo a long time and have had nothing but a great experience year after year!! 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

My grandfathered plan is too good! If I have to lose it then I'll take business elsewhere! Which ...

If you have a good grandfathered plan, you not very likely to find anything even remotely close to that with the incumbent carriers.
Userlevel 6
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

My grandfathered plan is too good! If I have to lose it then I'll take business elsewhere! Which ...

Going somewhere won't get you anything better Gerry. It looks like Canadian cellphone companies starting to get out of the subsidy game. People will either choose a financing model or pay full price for their phones up front. Both fido and wind just introduced similar things.
Userlevel 3
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

I won't leave Koodo! Like I said,my plan is too good for what I need. And I agree that all the other carriers are more expensive and the plans give me way less than what I have now!
Userlevel 3
If I don't take advantage of financing and buy the S6 outright,can I keep my plan then,Justin?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

If I don't take advantage of financing and buy the S6 outright,can I keep my plan then,Justin?

Koodo hasn't traditionally forced customers to abandon plans to get a new subsidized device, so I think you'll be fine.
Userlevel 4
From what is being said online Yes
Userlevel 3
Justin wrote:

Awesome!
Userlevel 3
Justin wrote:

Thanks for the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gerry. No one has suggested the fact that you can buy your phone BEFORE the 19th of April and nothing like this will happen. You'll take advantage of the tab you want just before everything changes. Isn't it a good idea?
Userlevel 3
Robert wrote:

Gerry. No one has suggested the fact that you can buy your phone BEFORE the 19th of April and ...

Hey Robert! Yes! I was thinking about that after. If the Galaxy S6/Edge becomes available before then,then I shouldn't have an issue getting it on either small or medium tab and keep my grandfathered plan,correct?
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Gerry. No one has suggested the fact that you can buy your phone BEFORE the 19th of April and ...

If your plan is at least $35/month, then yes you can get a medium tab. Otherwise, you can only get a small tab if your plan isn't at least $35.