Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What gets used towards a second (new) phone?

From the FAQ I see these two answers: 1)How can I upgrade my phone by using the Tab? You can upgrade at any time by using whatever room you have left on your Tab, up to a maximum of 500. 2) Can I use my positive Tab balance when I upgrade? Yes; with all Tab options, you can use your positive Tab balance, as well as the full available negative balance of your Tab, towards a new phone. For example, if you have the maximum positive Tab balance of +150 and you qualify for Tab L, you have up to $650 to use towards a new phone! I'm so confused. One says I can use "whatever is left" and one says it's both "positive and negative" that I can use towards a new phone... HELP!

2 replies

Userlevel 1
You're correct positive Tab can be used towards new phone upgrade Now , let's say if your negative Tab is -$40 , this amont Will be deducted (If you choose $300 medium Tab $260 + $40 = $300)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It all depends on if you have a Positive Tab balance on your account. 1) If you do have a positive balance then you can use all of the positive room PLUS all of the negative room based on the Tab size you are getting -Example: Tab S is up to -$150; Tab M is up to -$300; Tab L is up to -$500 -Example: If you have +$55 and want to buy a phone with the Tab S, you get to use your +$55 PLUS up to $150 worth of tab space toward a new phone. This means at the end of the day your Tab balance will be -$150, but your phone would have been reduced in price by $205 2) If you have a negative Tab balance, then you can only use the remaining Tab room up to the max. -Example: If you have -$25 and wanted to buy a phone with Tab L, you get to use $475 worth of tab space toward a new phone. This means at the end of the day your Tab balance will be -$500, but your phone would have been reduced in price by $475