Koodo Community
Question

what do koodos tab changes mean if i do pay off my phone early?

• 8 September 2019
  • 5 replies

I've been with koodo for years and i just looked into signing up for a new phone, but the salesman explained recent changes on top of tab charge the phone credit charge would be divided monthly in order to pay off the phone. I just want to make sure I understand. For example if I wanted to pay off my tab within the year I'd have to pay the 360$ or whatever amount was left on the tab plus the 400$ plus in phone credit (as an example) I just want to make sure I understand correctly?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
Let's make an example.
You have a phone on Tab medium $360 and with a phone credit amount of $400

If you cancel (or upgrade) early in a year, you would have to pay $360 /24 x 12 + $400/24 x12 = $180 + $200

The Phone credit is similar to the Tab amount except you don't have to pay it monthly.
Userlevel 4
I've been with koodo for years and i just looked into signing up for a new phone, but the salesman explained recent changes on top of tab charge the phone credit charge would be divided monthly in order to pay off the phone. I just want to make sure I understand. For example if I wanted to pay off my tab within the year I'd have to pay the 360$ or whatever amount was left on the tab plus the 400$ plus in phone credit (as an example) I just want to make sure I understand correctly?

Yes that’s correct.
Thanks for the replies. So I guess if I plan to not stay locked In for two years, the math works out better to purchase a phone from apple, otherwise stay locked in on a plan. With my previous one I paid off the tab and went pre paid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the replies. So I guess if I plan to not stay locked In for two years, the math works out better to purchase a phone from apple, otherwise stay locked in on a plan. With my previous one I paid off the tab and went pre paid.
Exactly. They're trying to prevent people from leaving before the 2 years and getting cheap phones without paying for the plan.
hi,
Let's make an example.
You have a phone on Tab medium $360 and with a phone credit amount of $400

If you cancel (or upgrade) early in a year, you would have to pay $360 /24 x 12 + $400/24 x12 = $180 + $200

The Phone credit is similar to the Tab amount except you don't have to pay it monthly.

Good to know. I was under the impression you had to pay the entire phone credit if cancelling/upgrading early (wish Koodo had done a better job of announcing this)