Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wanting to switch phones and to medium tab

I want to upgrade my phone. I have a charge on my tab i need to pay off first. I want to get a Samsung GalaxyNote II, and on a medium tab, which is $100. I have the $55plan, that was offered for just Mb And SK. When i go to get this phone in the next month, can i keep this plan, i noticed its not offered anymore. Thank you for the person who helps me out!

19 replies

Oh forgot to also say Do i have to pay off the $100 i owe on the $150 tab, i have at the moment? Thanks again for your help.
Userlevel 7
Yes you can keep your plan since it is over $30 and yep you have to pay the 100 you owe before you can upgrade 🙂
Thank you Daniel! you have been a great help!
I to would like to get the Note 2 but was told I must change my plan. Right now I am on the $15 plan with $5 unlimited text and $5 data bringing it to $25 a month. I do not use voice as I am hearing impaired so this plan is great for me. Is there a way I can do this? I currently have a $60 tab and I will pay it off before getting the note.
Userlevel 7
sunfire 231 wrote:

I to would like to get the Note 2 but was told I must change my plan. Right now I am on the $15...

Sure you can keep it. But you'll have to stay with Tab S, which is max -150 off the phone. So that would be $200 upfront.
sunfire 231 wrote:

I to would like to get the Note 2 but was told I must change my plan. Right now I am on the $15...

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was trying to avoid. 😞
Userlevel 7
sunfire 231 wrote:

Hey at least it isn't Virgin, who is forcing everyone who was on SuperTab to change to in market plans to get a new phone regardless of subsidy level...
sunfire 231 wrote:

That's true I seen their plans are more expensive! I wonder if i just add a add on making my plan over $30 that way I can have a med tab.
Userlevel 7
sunfire 231 wrote:

Unfortunately no, that doesn't work either. Your base plan before add-ons needs to be $30 but the current $29 plan qualifies too.
sunfire 231 wrote:

I guess I will shop around to see what deal I can get for that price that will at least include some data. Thanks so much for your help!
Userlevel 7
sunfire 231 wrote:

The best you're gonna find is $34 for 200 minutes, E/W unlimited at 5pm, unlimited text, CD/VM, and 50MB on Koodo/Virgin/Fido, add $5 for better phones, and only Koodo carries the Note II anymore these days since they lower retail prices. believe me, I sell all of them.
sunfire 231 wrote:

I think that's what Koodo was offering $29 plus $5 without data though. Do you work for Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
sunfire 231 wrote:

Jonathan works for The Mobile Shop, an independent reseller for several carriers (Koodo included), but is not an employee of Koodo.
sunfire 231 wrote:

OIC Thanks Ivan! That's where I went to try to get a new phone the one in Zehrs.
Userlevel 7
sunfire 231 wrote:

Yup, that's how it goes. So at this point you can get the Note II on Tab S for 200 and keep your plan the way it is or get it for 50 but go on the $29 + 5. You're paying an extra 9 bucks a month * 24 = 216, so that's overall $66 more than paying the 200 and staying with Tab S...
sunfire 231 wrote:

That makes total sense when you put it that way! Does the $29 plan have any data?
Userlevel 7
sunfire 231 wrote:

It has pay-per use data for $7.50/50mb which is not very good if you use data frequently.
Userlevel 7
sunfire 231 wrote:

It doesn't, no. It's $7.50 per 50MB you use, which is pretty bad to be honest, so bite the bullet and go on Tab S for 200. You might even be able to trade in your old phone for some credit towards that.
sunfire 231 wrote:

Yes that is alot! I think I will go for the small tab! I will drop by tomorrow and see what I can get for my phone. Thanks so much for all your help!