Koodo Community

Community

Question

Want to upgrade to new phone but keeping the old plan

I want to upgrade to new phone but i want to keep my old plan which is  6 gb data and 1000 mins international . Do I need to buy any phone under Medium or small tab or I can buy under large tab ?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It depend on how much your plan is.  To use a tab Medium, your plan needs to be $45 or above
My plan is $48 , and if I upgrade to new phone with large tab can i keep the same old plan or my plan will change to the current plan ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pratik Patel wrote:

My plan is $48 , and if I upgrade to new phone with large tab can i keep the same old plan or my ...

You will need a Tab large Plan in order to get a Tab Large.  
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there...

What province are you in?
Saskatchewan

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Pratik Patel wrote:

Saskatchewan

You will be able to upgrade and get 48$ 5GB plan + 2GB bonus for 24 months regardless if it is TAB M or L. 
Pratik Patel wrote:

Saskatchewan

But is it possible if I want to keep my existing plan which is $48 6GB + 1000 international mins instead ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Pratik Patel wrote:

Saskatchewan

Are you planning to do this in store or online? if you have access to your Self Serve account, give it a try to see how it goes, if you see that it is not letting you keep existing options it is because a new plan needs to be picked... You can try it out without completing the check out process...

Also, the new plan with the Bonus 2GB is giving you an extra GB versus your existing plan. 
Pratik Patel wrote:

Saskatchewan

I am planning to do in store. I do have self serve account but I think Koodo website is down  right now so i cant try to see if it is changing the plan or not
My main concern is I dont to lose the 1000 international mins as i offen call from my phone
Pratik Patel wrote:

Saskatchewan

This nothing more than a systematic push to get customers into costlier plans. Way to go Koodo, At this rate you should have most of your customers up to your competitors high rates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pratik Patel wrote:

Saskatchewan

No one push you switch your plan to more expensive one.
If you want to keep your plan, then pay more upfront  and use smaller Tab  for your phone.