Koodo Community
Solved

Waiving Tab?

Heya!
I've been with Koodo since the Nexus S was released(about ten years ago?) and I've been a great customer. I have $160 remaining on my tab for my current phone, but am greatly considering upgrading to the Mate 20 Pro with a Medium Tab. I'm looking to waive the remaining $160 off my LG G6.
Just wondering if anyone's been in this situation before and had success before I call'um up?
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Robert T 3 March 2019, 18:08

I've been with Koodo for ten years, I haven't had my current phone for ten years. 😆
Naw, I got my current phone less than two years ago. Hence the $160 tab remaining.

That makes more sense now. Thought you were still rocking that Nexus phone, was kinda impressed.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your tab might be positive at this point. Is there a minus sign before the 160?
There is a minus sign before the 160. 😩
I know how tabs work, but since I've been with them forever, never missed a bill and wanna upgrade to a costly unit, I was wondering if, historically, people have been able to have their current tab waived?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
But that's my point. Since you've been with Koodo forever, you shouldn't have any tab. Tabs are paid in 2 years, and you say you have your phone since a long time ago.
I've been with Koodo for ten years, I haven't had my current phone for ten years. 😆
Naw, I got my current phone less than two years ago. Hence the $160 tab remaining.
Badge +4
Ya, having a minus in front of the number means that's what you owe. I have heard of them waiving the balance in some cases but all you can do is contact them and ask. Schedule a callback through the assistant.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That makes more sense now. Thought you were still rocking that Nexus phone, was kinda impressed.
Userlevel 3
Wouldn’t we all like to have our tabs waived.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have seen people get their tab waived because it’s almost paid off (like less than $50) and wanted to upgrade.
Mate 20 Pro is already on sale and you will get about $600 activation credit on any tab. It’s great deal even if you don’t get whole tab waved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@irlgoat You currently have an rate plan upgrade offer on your account that you can see by logging into your account. While your tab cannot be waived there are bill credits that we often provide for upgrading to a plan or phone. The Mate Pro is being sold by most others at $1,349 while at us it is $1,315. Carriers rarely make any money on selling the phones though, it is the manufacturers that do. Check your offer 'cause it might just be what you are looking for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've had my mortgage with my credit union for just shy of 9 years. I wonder if they wouldn't mind waiving the unpaid balance on my mortgage so I can go buy another place....
Userlevel 3
I guess @Bernard Koodo is a sales rep now. The only thread he’s replied to in 11 days is about upgrading.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I guess @Bernard Koodo is a sales rep now. The only thread he’s replied to in 11 days is about upgrading.
That's where the money is at!