Koodo Community

Community

Solved

visiting canada from US and need a tab plan

hello!!! I will be in canada for a year and I am needing to get on a tab/postpaid plan to utilize and $10 US calling addon. I'm not sure if there is a way to make this work.. I keep finding posts about international students using their passport number for credit checks? (I'm not a student)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Bring your passport anyway, because it's good photo ID. It doesn't matter if you're a student or not. However, you're going to need a SIN, drivers license/provincial photo ID card, or Canadian Credit card to do credit check for postpaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Going x-country in either direction is a hassle unless you have a valid credit card issued by the home country's bank.

Have you looked at T-mobile back home? Canadian providers, please wake up

http://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/international.html

BobTheElectrician wrote:

Going x-country in either direction is a hassle unless you have a valid credit card issued by the...

this is perfect! thank you!!!!!!!!! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Going x-country in either direction is a hassle unless you have a valid credit card issued by the...

Don't forget to read T-Mobile Terms and Conditions:

How long can I stay in Mexico or Canada and expect service?T-Mobile plans are designed for domestic use in the U.S.
The plan is not intended for extended international stays.
Please see your terms and conditions for more details
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

The devil is always lurking in the details, not just the advertsing copy.
Tab subsidy is based on 24 months

If only in Canada for a year you are better off buying the phone and going prepaid (or why not use your US phone?)