Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Various Returns allowed? o.o

I'm currently on my way to a new phone in about a week or so and i've narrowed it down to the S5 and M8. Would i be able to register with the m8 first then return it within 15 days to try out the s5 and then finally decide which one i want? Cause i'm really torn between the two XD

6 replies

Userlevel 7
S5 has a better camera (although the M8's pictures aren't BAD, they just aren't as detailed) and water resistance but that's about it. I absolutely adore the M8. Higher internal storage, metal body and slick design, excellent sound quality with the speakers, super fast performance, and Sense 6 is a wonderful Android skin that isn't bloated like Samsung's.

Now to answer your question: yes, but you have 15 days from the initial activation date. If you exchange for the S5 a week in, you still only have a week left in the trial period. It doesn't reset every time you exchange the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

S5 has a better camera (although the M8's pictures aren't BAD, they just aren't as detailed) and ...

I sense loophole possibilities here. Say you are a current customer. You get the M8 on a tab (a contract). You return it after 15 days and cancel the contract (the tab) and you continue your monthly service on your old phone. You come back the next day or week and get the the S5 and repeat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

S5 has a better camera (although the M8's pictures aren't BAD, they just aren't as detailed) and ...

Get the M8 you won't be disappointed, the S5 is just basically a S4 with a stupid heart rate sensor and a poorly.
Jonathan I wrote:

^but camera quality 😛
Userlevel 7
The cameras on the M7 and M8 get a lot of hate because they have less pixels than other flagship like the S5 and Z2. I know the pictures aren't as detailed but the colours are good and the exposure is generally fine, plus HDR helps in shots with light and dark areas. The auto focus is very fast, and there's great things like making mini slideshows with Zoe and Duo effects like uFocus that the S5 can't do. If you're sharing to social media or with friends, you'll be fine with the M8. Serious photographers shouldn't be relying on camera phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

The cameras on the M7 and M8 get a lot of hate because they have less pixels than other flagship ...

Completely agree 100% and I think the pics the M8 takes in alot of cases look like some of the best photos I've ever seen from a smartphone camera, the bright, bold and vibrant colors of the photos & video even more IMO out weigh the detail lacking by far. The UI of the M8 (sense 6) is without any question the best of any device ever I absolutely love it. The M8 also flies, it's so freaking fast things are instant alot of the time and other phones running the Snapdragon 801 don't seem to be quite as quick from my experience. The design and build are insane as its the most comfortable device ever to hold and the metal just makes it feel special like no other device does,heck you don't even get from the iPhone and it's a very well built device. Battery life is great and the front firing speakers are worth getting the device by themselves I'd say. Like I said I've just never been completely satisfied with a device as I always find something I don't like but I can't find a single thing on the M8 at all its incredible