Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Using positive tab balance to upgrade phone, but keep old plan?

I like my current plan and do not want to change to one of the newer plans. I have a positive Tab balance (almost at $150), and would like to use that to upgrade my phone using the SIM only option (pay for it outright without the new tab). Is this possible? Simplified Example: I want to upgrade to the Nexus 5 ($360 SIM Only/No Tab), but I'd like to use my current $150 positive tab balance (on tab small) to bring the price down to $210, while keeping my current plan (and tab small, i guess?)

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Unfourtantly the old days of TAB small, medium, and large are gone of you want to put money against your tab (create a negative balance) you will have o switch to one of the new plans. If you want too keep your current plan you can use your positive balance towards the cost of a new phone and then pay the difference. Example: Nexus 5 $360 - $150 positive balance = keep your plan and pay $210 Hope this helps. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Note that if you have the 10% discount and you use ONLY your positive tab balacne ( or even buy a Koodo phone at cost outright) you will lose the 10% discount
Dennis wrote:

Note that if you have the 10% discount and you use ONLY your positive tab balacne ( or even buy a...

I currently get the 15% contribution to my tab - will that go away when i upgrade my phone, and keep my current plan? Also, if i refer a friend for 25 tab credits, will that still be applied if my current tab (tab small) goes away?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Note that if you have the 10% discount and you use ONLY your positive tab balacne ( or even buy a...

Yes that will go away when you get a phone. But the max positive tab you can get is $150 anyways. Your Referral credits are applied to your Tab (up to a positive tab of $150). So if you are at positive $150 tab right now you need to use it before the referral tab is applied or you lose it since you can only have a max of $150
Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to put this somewhere where my question would be relevant (instead of starting a new thread).

My current phone is an old iPhone 4S, and I would like to upgrade (the phone still functions fine, and I have no doubt that it could go for another 2 years; but, the OS/Camera occasionally freeze and crash, and I figure that I should probably upgrade).

The plan I have is an old one, but I have a positive tab balance of $150.

- The price of the phone that I want, iPhone 7 256G, is $630.
- I want to pay the $630 in cash.

So, this is my question: How do I use my tab when I do not want to carry a tab balance on this new phone (I bought the other one outright from Apple)?.

Is it even possible for me to be able to use my Tab and not carry a tab balance?.

Thank you so much for your time 🙂