Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Upgrading phone without chaging plans

Hi, I want to upgrade my phone and my Koodo tab is currently at 74$ remaining (out of 150). The Nexus 5 at Best Buy comes with a 300$ tab and I was wondering if, after paying off my current tab and my balance reaches 0, I could pay another 50$ so that the Nexus' tab would only be at 150. Like that, I wouldn't need to change my (20$) plan (keeping the small tab instead of the medium one). If that is not possible is there any other way that I could get the phone without changing my plan? Thank you

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi there, When it comes to paying off your tab you can put that on your next bill or pay it off in store as you said. If you use a tab small on the Nexus 5 the phone will be $200 so if you had the extra $50 then that is the only way to make it $150. The tab medium allows you to get it for $0 only issue is you would be required to change your plan to a minimum plan of $30 (the $29 plan will work in this regard) plus a $5 tab charge. Hope that helps 🙂
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi there, When it comes to paying off your tab you can put that on your next bill or pay it o...

Hey confused customer here looking for clarification haha, I have a similar question but I'd like to upgrade my phone to the galaxy S5. On the tab 150 it says the phone costs $575 and I currently have $+70 on my current tab. Does that mean I get 70 dollars off $575? or do I pay off what I have left of my current tab and can I get the phone for $0 as well when I get tab medium? *Just to add, my plan is over $30 already and would like to keep it.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi there, When it comes to paying off your tab you can put that on your next bill or pay it o...

Hi Jamie, When it comes to your tab being +$70 it will take an extra $70 off, but when you take a tab medium it takes only $300 off the retail price of a phone so you'd have $300 plus your $70 off of the $725 retail price of the S5. So if you bought it right now you'd pay $355 (+ tax) on a Medium Tab. Large tab would be $570 off so $155 (+tax) but you'd need to change your plan to a tab large plan, minimum of $70/month + $10 tab charge. Hope that helps 🙂
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

You're very welcome have a good one 🙂
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply! How does it work to pay off the extra 50$ in order to use the tab small?
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Well see the tab small only takes $150 off the phone price so where the phone is $350 off tab, then you'd be required to pay $200 with a small tab. The only reason the phone is $0 with a medium tab is because Koodo has a promotion right now for an additional amount off when you use a medium tab.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Ok so I would have to pay 200$ upfront if I don't want to change plans? It is sold at Future Shop though saying "This plan is valid with up to $300 of the Koodo TAB" meaning I would pay 150$ with the tab small? I'm slightly confused sorry.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

What that is referring to if you chose to go with a medium tab it will be $0 with it. If you choose a tab small it's $200. So yes you'd have to pay $200 upfront in order to keep the $20 plan as that still qualifies for a small tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Where can I find the promo of Nexus 5 on a medium tab? ( I can't find it...) Add: Oh, duh, never mind. Its at the Best Buy's koodo special. I just came back from dinner.....
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

On the Koodo website it says the phone is $350 without a tab. With the tab medium it is $0 at your nearest Koodo store. https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Thanks, Daniel 🙂 I need my coffee to think strait after a big meal 😉
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

No problem at all! 🙂 have a good evening