Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Upgrading phone with old plan and BYOP discount

So if I have an old plan with the 10% off BYOP discount and want to upgrade my phone does the monthly tab get applied on top of what I am currently paying? Or on top of the original price of my plan without the discount

4 replies

Userlevel 7
It would be on top of the original price of the plan with no discount. If you upgrade you lose the discount. Even if you just change plans you'll lose the discount
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone are you considering, and what is your current plan? It'll probably be a better idea to just buy the phone outright.
The M8 so I would have to add it to my tab to get that activation credit, also I have a $50 positive tab balance but I don't want to lose my BYOP discount :|
Userlevel 7
Jon wrote:

The M8 so I would have to add it to my tab to get that activation credit, also I have a $50 posit...

Yeah, if you're adding it to the Tab to take advantage of activation credit, then you forfeit the BYOD discount. BYOD is only if you continue using Koodo service without using the Tab. If you want it from Koodo, you don't really have an option here.