Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited Positive Tab

I already maxed out my positive tab at +$150 but I don't really want the current phones (32 GB iPhone 5S, OK but they only have 16 GB ones and I brought an unlocked 32 GB iPhone 4S to Koodo). So I want to keep accumulating my tab, so long as it's positive. I'd like Koodo to raise the ceilings on positive tabs so I don't have to purchase a phone I don't want just to use up my tab as I have it capped. I don't want to get a crap phone to give away/sell on Craigslist that may just be unnecessary waste into a landfill. To get an iPhone 5C/S you have a tab of 500 anyways... why can't my positive tab go up that high? I understand the need to limit the negative tab to -$150 still.

18 replies

Userlevel 4
No one says you HAVE TO have a certain tab to get a phone. You can use the 300 tab or even the 150 tab if you want to and just pay the difference for the iPhone. Nothing is free and some charges may occur. The negative tab has three limits -150 -300 and -500 If you have a maxed out tab and choose the -500 option, you would get 750 off the cost of a phone. Only downside of the 500 tab, you have to choose one of the three plans on the 500 tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As the positive tab is a relic from the old tab system, I'd modify it based on Tab M, raising the positive tab maximum to $300.
@Tyler C: I'm speaking specifically about raising caps of positive tabs. I'd like to be able to go say +$300 to +$500 on my positive tab. Right now, since I am at the cap of my tab, no % of my plan is going to my tab since I'm capped at +$150. I don't want to change from my old plan because it's right now priced at the $60 - yet I'm getting it for $56 + 10% to my tab (which is currently capped at +$150). I just want to see the positive tab cap increased higher until there is a phone I do actually want to get.
Userlevel 4
Melissa Tan wrote:

@Tyler C: I'm speaking specifically about raising caps of positive tabs. I'd like to be a...

Oh, I know. I meant to put more in my post but I see it didn't post the other stuff. Now that you added numbers to raise the positive tab to, I would agree. Maybe not the 500 cap but 300 for sure. $800 off a phone? That would sound great to me. Just hope that Koodo doesn't offer a phone that is $800+ :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa Tan wrote:

@Tyler C: I'm speaking specifically about raising caps of positive tabs. I'd like to be a...

Or once you are in the positives or at the Cap limit, why dont you get the 10% off your plan discount instead. I think cash in your pocket is better than any Tab
Melissa Tan wrote:

@Dennis: I agree with the cash now in the pocket. I thought about it, but the plan I have for $56 (promo last year) is now priced at $60. With the 10% off $60 plan - it is then $54, but I lose the 10% ($5.60) towards the TAB for the $2 savings. It's still better at doing the $60 plan with 15% ($9.00) towards the TAB because it's $6 in my pocket at present day cash. If I was the type of person that would replace the phone often, maybe it'd make sense to just switch to the $60 plan with Small Tab. $56 plan - 10% TAB ($5.60) = $50.40 $60 plan - 15% TAB ($9.00) = $51.00 But I would just rather see the positive tab ceiling raised for older accounts with the old tab system. Seems like a reasonable request to Koodo visit old tab polices for those who haven't switched off their previous plan because they like it and Koodo.
Userlevel 4
Melissa Tan wrote:

$56 plan - 10% TAB ($5.60) = $50.40 $60 plan - 15% TAB ($9.00) = $51.00 That's not really how it works... $56 plan would still be that amount and the 10% (5.60) would be added to the tab, not taken off of the monthly charges. $60 plan would still be that amount and the 15% (9.00) would be added to the tab, not taken off of the monthly charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa Tan wrote:

If you have a positive tab right now I dont think you are getting the 15% Tab. Unless you upgraded your phone with the tab since July 14, 2013 http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/the-tab-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/if-i-change-my-rate-plan-can-i-get-the-new-15-contribution
Userlevel 4
Melissa Tan wrote:

Grr...It won't let me edit my post.... Even if you upgrade your phone on the $56 plan, you can still get the 15% tab contribution each month. As of July 14th...anyone that upgrades or activates using the tab system can get teh 15% tab contribution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa Tan wrote:

My bad. I posted right after you. And I just did it again.... mwuahahaha
Melissa Tan wrote:

Dennis: that's right I have the 10% TAB right now on my $56 plan - but because I've maxed out at $150 cap, I'm actually getting $0 towards my tab unless I get a new phone to not be maxed out at the $150 cap. This is why I'm asking for the ceiling to be raised. Tyler: I was trying to compare dollar value of the plan with the different tabs, not saying that is' off the plan. The money one would buy a new phone would be out of one's own pocket or contribution from the tab. So I guess it means I only have to get a new phone (even if I don't want it) to get the 15% tab? Usually when I read into cell phone companies "new activation" or "upgrades" is that the fine print is "you cannot keep your old plan when you new/upgrade."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa Tan wrote:

You can totally keep you old plan with koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa Tan wrote:

If you upgrade your phone, you will get the15% tab and you can keep your $56plan. ( but you don't have to do it) Since your tab is maxed out now, you can switch to 10% discount on your plan. Your monthly plan will be $50.40 ($56 - $5.6 =$50.4) You get discount instead of receiving the tab contribution. Add : I like your idea of raise the ceilings on positive tab 🙂
Userlevel 6
Melissa Tan wrote:

Am I missing something here, or is the 15% back only for negative AND newish Tabs? I'm almost certain that as soon as you go into positive, you're back on 10% towards the Tab OR 10% off your plan price. Anyone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa Tan wrote:

It continues at the 15% rate http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/the-tab-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/what-happens-after-my-negative-tab-balance-reaches-0
Userlevel 6
Melissa Tan wrote:

Interesting.... Thanks Dennis!
Userlevel 2
Maybe if the tab kept increasing past +150 with that added $5.00/$10.00 on your bill but not the 15% koodo contributes. That way youre not just getting free money towards a new phone.
Userlevel 1
I sell Koodo, and on many many occasions We have had customers with a positive balance of $150, who will go out and get the Moto G for free and still owe nothing for the phone. Koodo is doing a huge favour in giving people free phones without going on tab. They wont ever increase the positive tab because giving away higher value devices will not benefit the company at all. The Iphone 5c is currently valued at $250 on a medium tab, you can now remove $150 off that and only pay $100 for a fancy new Iphone. That to me is a great deal.