Koodo Community

Unable to get large tab

I tried to activate a new account but was told my credit only allows a small or medium tab. My credit rating is high when I recently checked. Anyone knows how this works? Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
You need to contact Koodo directly and ask. Tab Large is quite tough to get with Koodo. As you are already a customer, they might want to do another credit check if you would like a Tab large
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"Your account will be reviewed after 6 months. If you have a good payment history, then we'll remove the spending limit from your account. You'll get a text from us when this happens."
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/spending-limit-program

Even if it was recently high, it may not have been during your sign up and wont be looked at for 6 months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan M wrote:

"Your account will be reviewed after 6 months. If you have a good payment history, then we'll remove the spending limit from your account. You'll get a text from us when this happens."
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/spending-limit-program

Even if it was recently high, it may not have been during your sign up and wont be looked at for 6 months.

The spending limit is for people with no/bad credit history. Tab Large eligibility is a different thing though. Even someone can open multiple lines on Medium Tab, for some reasons, Koodo might not allow that person to have a Tab large. Tenure with Koodo could help but there is no guarantee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

The spending limit is for people with no/bad credit history. Tab Large eligibility is a different thing though. Even someone can open multiple lines on Medium Tab, for some reasons, Koodo might not allow that person to have a Tab large. Tenure with Koodo could help but there is no guarantee.

Sorry, not SLP but similar in the sense that it will be reviewed in about 6 months given bills are paid on time and all of their criteria is good and eligibility for tabs will possibly change.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd suggest against a tab large anyways. You're paying something like 20 dollars a month more for a similar GB plan between the two for the"privilege" of paying less upfront for the 2-6GB plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I'd suggest against a tab large anyways. You're paying something like 20 dollars a month more for a similar GB plan between the two for the"privilege" of paying less upfront for the 2-6GB plans.

It really is a blessing in disguise
Thanks guys!