Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trying to upgrade my phone and getting very frustrated with the process.

Could someone please tell me ALL the step I have to go thru to get a new phone online with my current plan and tab? (I have an Unlimited Incoming Plus Combo - $35.00. Tab S with a balance of +20.79.) I tried to go thru the phone store but it seems like I also have to purchase a new monthly plan even after clicking on the "existing customer" option. I am not going thru with that purchase unless I am 100% sure that I am not paying for a new monthly plan to upgrade my phone. I have made many purchases online but I find the process to replace my phone is very confusing on this site. I really hope Koodo does something to make it easier for their existing customers to use and upgrade their phone.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
You're on the right track. Just pick your phone, proceed directly to checkout, choose existing customer, log into your self serve, then use your Tab - or not, your prerogative - then the phone should arrive at your doorstep. No plan change required if your pick a small or medium Tab, though a medium will require a $5 a month Tab charge.
Curtules wrote:

You're on the right track. Just pick your phone, proceed directly to checkout, choose existing...

Hi Curtules, thanks for the reply. But I can't proceed directly to the checkout with just a phone I also need to add a new monthly plan before it will allow me to checkout. The process won't let you proceed until a monthly plan is also in my cart ... and I am not paying for that. (Very confused!)
Userlevel 7
Curtules wrote:

You're on the right track. Just pick your phone, proceed directly to checkout, choose existing...

Did you log into self-serve before doing this?
Curtules wrote:

Yes.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

Hey Rob, Once you pick a phone it does prompt you to pick a plan, but over to the right there's a box that'll list your cart with a link that says "check out". I can't do screenshots from this computer, but I just tested and I got to the point of filling in my address and credit card info. I didn't go further because I'm still happy with my Samsung u410. Hoping to ride it out until the CDMA shutdown.
Curtules wrote:

I removed the plan using Chad's advice below. (Thats the step I was missing.) I am checkout out now. Thanks for the help!
Userlevel 7
Clear your cart Song into self serve Then add the phone Then goto checkout
Chad Burr wrote:

Clear your cart Song into self serve Then add the phone Then goto checkout

Thanks for the help Chad!
Thanks for all the help! The new phone is on the way!