Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tab retired?

I just received a text saying as of today my positive $148 phone tab would be retired but they're added a $150 phone discount to t account that I could redeem at any time. Does this mean I will no longer be collecting on my tab each bill? I did not opt Out of this option if so and feel it's unfair to just renege on that.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The old tab system no longer exisited for a while now.  One you reached $150 positive tab you would not have been able to go any higher under the old system.  Sounds like you gained an extra $150 tab credit with this deal
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can read all the details about this here:
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/changes-coming-to-positive-tab-for-customers-on-class...
You basically just earned the extra $2 a little early.
I just received the same message. When I signed up with Koodo, nothing was said about a cap on this. Sounds a lot like breach of contract to me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

I just received the same message. When I signed up with Koodo, nothing was said about a cap on th...

"Can Koodo change the terms of service in my agreement?Yes, Koodo has the right to change any of the terms that are outlined in your Agreement, except those covered by the Price Guarantee, which we will not change without your consent.
Before we make any changes, we will give you at least thirty days' written notice, by bill message, text message or email. The notice will include a copy of the new service term or of the new and former versions of a modified service term, the date that the change will occur and a description of your rights to cancel service (if applicable and as required by law)."
https://www.koodomobile.com/service-terms
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

I just received the same message. When I signed up with Koodo, nothing was said about a cap on th...

You should review your contract. To my knowledge, there has always been a cap on the amount Koodo would contribute towards a new phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

I'm not a fan of the way Ranjan uses the word cap. There has always been a max of $150 positive tab. If anything, you are gaining a free credit of $150 plus your existing positive tab. You aren't losing anything with this latest change. You were never allowed to go over $150 before anyways.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

Correction - it's not an additional $150. If a purchase is made online and your positive tab wasn't at the max. amount of $150 yet, a customer gets topped up to that max. amount. "(2) Your positive Tab will no longer grow (Reminder: positive Tab had the potential to grow to $150 in value before it was capped). But don’t worry, as of August 3rd, if you upgrade your phone online, your offer will be topped up to the full value of $150. This offer is only available when purchasing online at www.koodomobile.com"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

I totally misread that.  I apologize for the error
Douglas Eaton wrote:

I also had this option taken away. I am very upset about this...this was one if the reasons I came to koodo...this 150 is bullshit...if my tab was positive 150 I could buy a phone for 300 and be negative 150...therefore I'm losing g $150 and more because my tab does not accumulate anymore
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

All the classic tabs were rounded up to $150. The only thing you are losing is the fact that they no longer accumulate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

@ Marty Nelson If your Tab was at $150, you had $150 towards a new phone. This has not changed. Not sure where you feel you could convert $150 to $450.
Douglas Eaton wrote:

Koodo you suck. Give me $150 in monthly bill credit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

The Tab never had any cash value and was always only applicable for phone purchases.
Douglas Eaton wrote:

I've been a Koodo customer for almost 6 years and did my due diligence before committing to them. I was happy to find both affordable plans and phones. I took advantage of the small tab and earned my way into another new phone and now have a positive tab balance of ~$70. Although I appreciate it being topped up to $150, that is only available for ONLINE phones. At this moment there are only two new phones available to me online and they just happen to be two of THE MOST EXPENSIVE ones! Although retiring the classic tab is a business decision that Koodo felt it had to make, it seems to me that their longest term customers are the ones that suffer. SO DISAPPOINTED!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

Oh? Only by getting it online? Well any phone you see on the site is available online unless it states you have to wait x time, and even then it'll ship when available. I see the full lineup when I look. Does it onyl show two phones when you are logged in or also when you're not logged in to self-serve? You can speak with the webstore or send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to find out why you can only see two phones if that's the case. Let us know here first though and also clear your browser cache and try incognito/private tab in your browser so see if all phones show up again.
Douglas Eaton wrote:

Thank you for the reply ... my apologies about overlooking the the number of phones available online. I had taken the "Online Only" tab on the shop page to mean those are the only phones available online ... my bad!

As for the $150 top up for online phones only ... I did double-check the text I received from Koodo and not only is this how it reads to me, it also looks like your new phone MUST be on a tab as well to get the extra credit 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

Is that an issue? The phones are usually cheaper on tab even if by 50 bucks, and it's basically an interest free loan. It won't cost you more than buying outright. For example, the Galaxy A5 is 500 outright and 360 on tab. That would become 210 and add the 50 dollar bill credit currently available when purchasing online, making it 160 dollars for you with tab medium total cost. And it's a great midrange phone with a stellar battery life.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

It clearly says the phone must be purchased online (not through a retail store) if you want the maximum benefit of the larger amount.  And yes, it does require buying on a Tab, as Koodo is trying to retain purchasers, rather than have them grab the phone & go. If for some reason you don't like using an interest free loan (Tab) you can buy it out in three months and be clear of those payments.

Douglas Eaton wrote:

I received the same message. Where do I find the credit and how do I apply it to a new phone. Under the TAB is says zero. However, I did receive the text to my phone but it does not show in my profile.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

Look for it being applied when you add a phone to the online cart. Let us know at checkout if it's not there.
Douglas Eaton wrote:

So 2 weeks ago Dennis tells you got an extra $150 and then Allen tells you that you only got $2 early.  Koodo staff can't figure out the Tab policy how can the clients?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

You are aware that none of the mobile masters are actually koodo staff, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Douglas Eaton wrote:

Mobile masters are not Koodo staff. We are volunteers. We can get info early but we're still not staff. Dennis also realized where he had his info wrong and in the one case it was only 2 dollars since the positive tab for that person has already reached 148.
Timo & Goran, I apologize for the confusion.  When I see the flashing halos etc on your icons and saw the designations of "Mobile Masters" I assumed (wrongly) that you are experts either employed by or representing Koodo.  I do see that you can rack up quite a few points.  Are those redeemable in some way by Koodo?  You should be compensated for your time and assistance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Stan wrote:

Timo & Goran, I apologize for the confusion.  When I see the flashing halos etc on your ...

We do get some compensation through different perks and discounts but honestly its quite fun to just help people out, wether we get anything in return or not.