Koodo Community
Question

Tab question

• 15 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am currently with Bell and thinking about switching to Koodoo. 
With the tab, the phone is technically not yours until you are completely done paying. What happens if it breaks during that period? I would have to pay the full balance to Koodoo and buy a new phone?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, you need to pay off Tab and Tab bonus.

Tab : You pay into it every month.                        Tab bonus : It will reduce amount each month. You don't need to pay back untill you upgrade your phone or cancel your service.

What phone are you looking at?  We can explain with example if we know what phone you want to buy on what Tab size.

Yes, you need to pay off Tab and Tab bonus.

Tab : You pay into it every month.                        Tab bonus : It will reduce amount each month. You don't need to pay back untill you upgrade your phone or cancel your service.

What phone are you looking at?  We can explain with example if we know what phone you want to buy on what Tab size.

Thanks! Looking at this one with Tab Basic

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-a71

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks! Looking at this one with Tab Basic

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-a71

This phone's Retail price is $675.

If you buy it on Tab Basic : You pay $360 up front and pay $10/mo for Tab.

Tab bonus of $75 will reduce $3.13/mo for next 24 months. You don't need to pay into it if you don't upgrade or cancel your service.

If you upgrade or cancel service, say at 12month in:

You need to pay off $120 remaining of Tab. Plus $37.6 of remaining Tab bonus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just want to say that Black Friday is around corners. I don't know if this phone get better deal or not.  Even plans get better promotion or not.  

This phone is marked as "Promotion". But $75 tab bonus is not much of deal TBH.   I don't want you miss out promo, but it might get better deal with BF deal.  So if you are not in a rush, you could compare with other providers too.  ( I like Koodo, but shopping around and get the best deal is important,right? 😉)

I just want to say that Black Friday is around corners. I don't know if this phone get better deal or not.  Even plans get better promotion or not.  

This phone is marked as "Promotion". But $75 tab bonus is not much of deal TBH.   I don't want you miss out promo, but it might get better deal with BF deal.  So if you are not in a rush, you could compare with other providers too.  ( I like Koodo, but shopping around and get the best deal is important,right? 😉)

For sure! Thanks! Also London Drugs has a deal now, if I buy through them you get a $100 gift card. But then I would assume you need to pay the $45 connection fee because you are not buying online. I will wait for sure :)