Koodo Community
Solved

Tab on the $50/9GB Plan

• 3 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I signed up for the $50/9GB plan two weeks ago coming from Telus but I didn’t get a phone, just the SIM. I wanted to know if this plan would be eligible for the tab if I wanted to get the new iPhone 12 later this month? I asked someone at the Koodo store and also a rep on Facebook chat they said you can keep the plan since it meets the minimum for Tab Medium/Plus according to this: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone .

However some recent posts here say it won’t be eligible since the $50/9GB is no longer in market. There seems to be conflicting information and I just wanted to clear things up.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 3 October 2020, 03:08

Thanks for the link… I missed that one. As Goran said though, he has NEVER experienced that himself (and I have never read it before in the years I’ve participated in this forum). I don’t know the circumstances of this individual but I wouldn’t assume it’s entirely the way they described there.

You can trust the Facebook rep… you can upgrade the phone as long as your plan meets the minimum tab requirements :)

And good for you, being so dilligent!!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can certainly get a phone on the tab and keep your plan… where did you read the plan needs to be in market?

You can certainly get a phone on the tab and keep your plan… where did you read the plan needs to be in market?

A couple threads down. https://community.koodomobile.com/tab-66727/does-koodo-allow-hardware-upgrades-without-making-plan-changes-7800200?postid=19866466#post19866466

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the link… I missed that one. As Goran said though, he has NEVER experienced that himself (and I have never read it before in the years I’ve participated in this forum). I don’t know the circumstances of this individual but I wouldn’t assume it’s entirely the way they described there.

You can trust the Facebook rep… you can upgrade the phone as long as your plan meets the minimum tab requirements :)

Thanks for the link… I missed that one. As Goran said though, he has NEVER experienced that himself (and I have never read it before in the years I’ve participated in this forum).

Okay thanks! I generally trust people I talk to directly but when you see conflicting information I feel it’s just better to follow up :-) 

Thanks for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And if by any chance Koodo does give you a hard time, you have hard evidence from their Facebook chat :grinning:

Honestly I don’t expect you’ll encounter any issues though, so congrats on getting the phone you want soon!

Edit: oh I read that post more thoroughly now, and this person is an a very, very old grandfathered plan. Nothing to do with you and your sparkly brand new plan just a few weeks old :smile: