Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tab Loyalty Program for current customers.

I have had my 3GS for almost 3yrs. There is a tab of -57 remaining, but I read on the Koodo site there is a 24 month guarantee for upgrade eligibility. How does this apply to my situation? Is the remaining balance of 57.00 forgivin? Or is the balance added onto the new tab balance? For example if I go for a small tab of 150.00 is the 57.00 added on to that while still qualifying for the small tab, or do I have to pay the balance off? Also the iphone 4 is not offered on the Koodo site but is still available at the Apple store, so is it still availble on a small tab at 150.00 for 0.00 on a my tab if I continue with my current plan?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your $57 will not be forgiven. But if you upgrade your phone then the 24 month guarantee kicks in. You have $93 available for a new phone on Tab S. You just pay the difference and your tab will be set to -$150. You could call Koodo kiosks if they have a "Certified Pre-Owned" iphone 4 in stock.
Userlevel 6
Just a tiny extra bit of information Phil. You mention intending to buy the iPhone4 from Apple since Koodo doesn't sell it anymore. Please know that by bringing your own phone to Koodo, you won't be able to use the Tab to pay for it. You can only use the Koodo Tab to buy devices from Koodo. Mayumi's tip on a recertified one from a kiosk is excellent though! You could try that first. Depending on the plan you currently have (or your willingness to switch to a newer one), you may also consider applying for Tab Medium, which doubles the phone subsidy to $300 instead of $150. Requirements are a $30+ plan and a $5 surcharge, every month. You have many options. It only depends on what device you wish to have and what plan you have (or want). Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo doesnt sell the 4 anymore (other than old stock / refurbished) but they do sell the iPhone 4s and I recommend moving up to the 4s so you get more present features like SIRI which isnt avilble on the 4 but is on the 4s.
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo doesnt sell the 4 anymore (other than old stock / refurbished) but they do sell the iPhone ...

If you got the extra cash, it would be better to get the 5. A lot of my friends have the 4S and it seems to be a bit buggy with iOS 7.
Userlevel 7
iPhone 4 is discontinued and stock is no longer available to order, but it's possible to get whatever leftovers are floating around. We did 2 Tab redemptions for them yesterday for a customer who works in our Superstore. Our manager drove out to Newmarket to pick them up and we sold them at our Mobile Shop in Aurora. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

iPhone 4 is discontinued and stock is no longer available to order, but it's possible to get what...

Love hearing how above and beyond you and your compadre's at your location go, it's great to see in the mobile industry 🙂
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

iPhone 4 is discontinued and stock is no longer available to order, but it's possible to get what...

I've gone out to and from Uxbridge, Aurora, Newmarket, and Markham to get phones and accessories for customers. A lot of times we can just get it shipped through Purolator but if it's the weekend and the customer doesn't want to wait, we can pick it up ourselves (if the other store is close enough).