Koodo Community
Solved

Tab Issues on Existing Plans

• 29 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Seriously what is up with all the changes & Tab issues? WHY does this keep changing and WHY have you made it so self serve is useless and we always need to call in?

My plan is $40 per month

When I activated it I signed up under Tab Medium (no longer exists, renamed Mid today)

When I upgraded they switched me down to Tab Basic (Basic is equivalent to Small in old system; no reason given other than seeming to try and force a plan change)

You guys even emailed me an offer (I still have email) saying if I upgrade today you would set my existing Tab to $0 (no need to pay off the months remaining) but I said didn’t need a phone yet

Today Tab is paid off in full. I am looking at the promos to get a new device. Webpage suddenly says “sorry your plan is not eligible for the Tab pay full retail price”…..

Seriously WHY does this keep changing? in (aprox 48 months) there have been 3 entirely different systems in place all for the same plan

Its annoying to say the least

WHAT is the eligibility for a Tab? Are we seriously required to change our plans every year to get hardware?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 29 March 2021, 15:00

General guidelines are $35+ for Tab Basic and $45+ for Tab Mid and Tab Plus but also your plan can't be expired and Koodo's system so if it's telling you that you have to switch, then unfortunately you'll have to.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

General guidelines are $35+ for Tab Basic and $45+ for Tab Mid and Tab Plus but also your plan can't be expired and Koodo's system so if it's telling you that you have to switch, then unfortunately you'll have to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It used to be that you could keep your plan and get a new tab, period. As Allan pointed out, that is no longer the case. They keep increasing the minimum plan cost plus in many cases you will just plain need to switch to an in market plan.

The alternative is to buy your phone outright from the manufacturer and leave the plan as it is... And even that is no guarantee any longer because Koodo has been increasing really old plans by $5 lately.

I'm sure they'll keep coming up with new and innovative ideas to "encourage" people to consider in market plans.

Thats what I am not sure about @Sophia 

They always had Tab totally separate from plan for like decades

Where other carriers have now seperared Tab charges from monthly charges it seems like Koodo is going opposite way

@Allan M  but again; EVERY quarter Koodo introduces new plans. There are sites like wayback machine for this. There has never been a single plan that remains static for 2 years. If you can think of one let me know but it has never happened. Which brings me back to initial post; its insane needing to select new plan / carrier every 2 years….

*edit STILL trying to get the call back… I wish their system was not so buggy. They send me a txt saying next 15 mins then call comes in an hour later when I am not around, next one is in another 60 mins so hopefully I wont be busy then. Dialing *611 used to be so much easier before all this IVR junk

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Allan M  but again; EVERY quarter Koodo introduces new plans. There are sites like wayback machine for this. There has never been a single plan that remains static for 2 years. If you can think of one let me know but it has never happened. Which brings me back to initial post; its insane needing to select new plan / carrier every 2 years….

Expired is different from not showing on the website anymore. I’d say only a select amount of plans get expired status where the rest get “grandfathered” status which is still eligible to be upgraded on. There are plenty of grandfathered plans that people have been able to keep for years with multiple upgrades. I don’t know how they decide what becomes expired and what becomes grandfathered but it is possible, just seems you’re getting really unlucky unfortunately.

What plan do you happen to be on right now?