Koodo Community
Solved

Tab charges

• 14 June 2021
  • 5 replies

3 months prior to my plan expiry, I received a promotion to upgrade my 2 phones and any existing tab charges would be waived. I went in and upgraded my 2 phones and now I get a bill for $405.66 for tab upgrade charges! I am furious and want to cancel my new plan. How do I go about this?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 15 June 2021, 09:03

Got a callback and bill for tab charge was explained to me. Promotion was only applicable on my wife's phone, not mine, even though it is my account and I pay the bill. When we went in to upgrade our phones to take advantage of the promotion, I was actually cancelling my previous contract 3 months early so that is why I was dinged. This was never pointed out to me by Koodo or the Mobile Shop, because if I had known I would never have upgraded my phone till the end of my contract. I still think was a very misleading promo and will never upgrade with Koodo ever again.

It should be stated in your contract agreement when you signed up with Koodo. Any early upgrade would incur remaning tab payment (and Tab bonus) if you had. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

3 months prior to my plan expiry, I received a promotion to upgrade my 2 phones and any existing tab charges would be waived. I went in and upgraded my 2 phones and now I get a bill for $405.66 for tab upgrade charges! I am furious and want to cancel my new plan. How do I go about this?

Where did you see this promotIon? Did you receive it by text or phone call from the Koodo team? If you got a phone call from a Koodo rep, did you confirm they put down notes on your file stating that the Tab charges would be waived? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have any proof about this promotion, you will need to provide it. I've flagged a rep to come looking

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. We are here to help! :) 

Feel free to send us a private message from your Social Media account (Facebook or Twitter) so we can look into this for you.

Got a callback and bill for tab charge was explained to me. Promotion was only applicable on my wife's phone, not mine, even though it is my account and I pay the bill. When we went in to upgrade our phones to take advantage of the promotion, I was actually cancelling my previous contract 3 months early so that is why I was dinged. This was never pointed out to me by Koodo or the Mobile Shop, because if I had known I would never have upgraded my phone till the end of my contract. I still think was a very misleading promo and will never upgrade with Koodo ever again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It should be stated in your contract agreement when you signed up with Koodo. Any early upgrade would incur remaning tab payment (and Tab bonus) if you had.