Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tab balance limited to 1 account only? i have 3

I have 3 different numbers on my account with their own plan & tab balance, but the koodo rep. at my local kiosk stated that i can only use 1 tab at a time. I was going to use my wife's tab balance as its nearing +150 and that if i use her balance i would have to change her plan to use the S4. why cant i use use any tab balance on my account since i have 3 diff. numbers attached to it.

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That happened to me too. Unless you are trying to move to a higher tab you shouldnt have to change any plan. I just tell the kiosk that I will activate the new sim to the new phone on my own via self serve
they said i have to change plans to activate and i wanted to buy that phone for me using my wife's tab balance. they said they cant do it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

they said i have to change plans to activate and i wanted to buy that phone for me using my wife'...

They are mistaken. You do not have to change plans unless you are upping to a Tab M (which requires a plan $30 or more) or a Tab L (which requires a Tab L plan). All new phones also include a sim card. They do not have to activate it for you. You can do that on self serve on your own
George A wrote:

they said i have to change plans to activate and i wanted to buy that phone for me using my wife'...

i would like to use the Tab M. my plan is currently $40 / month old promotional plan that doesnt exist anymore. i admit changing from my Blackberry torch to an S4 i would have no choice but to change plans
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

When you say my plan do you mean your wife's plan since it is your wife's tab you are using then your wife's plan is the one that matters. Same thing with the BB Torch, is that your wife's BB Torch?
George A wrote:

the bb torch is mine and i want to use her tab balance to upgrade my phone. i have no intention of changing her plan at all. i just want to use her tab balance toward a new phone for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

Ok so does your wife's plan qualify for the Tab M? SInce below it sounds like you are wanting to use the Tab M. If so then buying the phone in her tab is no issue. Only the sim issue remains which I helped explain below. It's not elegant but it should work
George A wrote:

i never got that far by talking to the rep. i do not wish to change her plan at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

Ok. How much money is your wife's plan?
George A wrote:

$56 unlimited plan +2 GIG data ( koodo does not offer it anymore ) my issue is as follows....... i would like to use her tab balance to upgrade my phone and in turn changing my plan to accomodate the S4 as i have an old BB plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

Great! Based on that, no one has to change their plan in order to use the tab to buy an S4. The only thing is they may need to activate the sim on her number. But in no way does your wife's plan has to change at all. You can try again at the kiosk or maybe another location if you would feel better about that. Resellers like Futureshop or Best Buy can also help you upgrade. But dont listen to them if they try to make you change your plan. You plans are awesome so dont lose them
George A wrote:

Dennis? can u help me personally do u work for koodo?? i want to deal with some1 who knows what they're doing. i do not wish to re-visit that kiosk location. Can i use my wife's tab balance to upgrade my phone / plan ? without changing her plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

Hi George, Dennis doesn't work for Koodo, but to tell you the truth, I think you're much more likely to get accurate answers from us volunteers here than at (some) kiosks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

Sorry George. Unfortunately I'm just a guy in Edmonton helping people out on the forums. I do not work for Koodo. Note you may also purchase your phone online as well. They wont make your wife activate it due to the time to ship so when you get it you can activate it on your account. Only downfall is that I dont think you can upgrade to a Tab M online. That can only be done at a store. If you do not want to visit a Koodo kiosk May I recommend upgrading at the Mobile Shop at Superstore. The have been very helpful in the past. Best Buy has been my number 2 choice who is very good as well
George A wrote:

Hi Sophia, what do u think so far?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

@Sophia, If I worked for Koodo I wouldnt get the chance to be a Mobile Master. That is the dream 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

To answer your question, actually Dennis already said it so I'll just confirm it: - If your wife has a plan of $30 or higher, she can qualify for Tab M - If your wife has a plan BELOW $30, she qualifies for Tab S You really don't need to change her plan unless she wants to!
George A wrote:

Thanks dennis youve helped out a lot
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

No problem George. I'm glad I can help clear things up. Being armed with the right info is always the best thing to do
George A wrote:

ok so she can qualify for the Tab M yes, but i want to upgrade my phone with the wife's tab balance thats my issue. i will visit the local bestbuy and inquire with them. i hope they can help me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

This is not an issue. However they may insist they activate the micro sim card for the S4 under your wife's number at the point of purchase. However you can fix this by re-activating your wife's old sim card via self serve when you get home
George A wrote:

that is what the rep. said. but it sounded like they would change her plan on the spot at the point of purchase which is why i turned around and left. mind u, i left pretty frustrated and mad when the rep. said that. there was no mention of everything uve helped me out with here dennis. nothing said by you was ever mentioned to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
George A wrote:

To be honest when this happened to me with my account I was pretty upset too. But I was able to change back the sim later that night.
George A wrote:

i will head over to a bestbuy and see if anything said here is true. so ur saying i can use my wifes tab(+150) plus a Tab M( +300 ) toward an S4, and change back the sim cards after i get home. im still a little confused. i have an unlocked BB Torch with my own sim card and if i use my wife's tab + Tab M and activate in store (I believe u said a micro sim for an S4) i would have to re-activate her old sim and re-activate the new micro sim for the S4 under my number. is that correct?
Userlevel 2
George A wrote:

You can only use the tab associated with the line of the phone you wish to upgrade. IE: You cannot use your tab to upgrade another line's phone.