Koodo Community

Community

Tab balance credit does not show up at store

Wanting to buy a new phone but our local Telus/Koodo shop says they don't see any record of a credit - nor does it show up if I go to shop online.  Looking at buying the A5 outright - does this not allow my TAB credit? this msg is on our account You have an exclusive upgrade offer since we recently made changes to your Positive Tab. Visit any Koodo location and upgrade for a phone discount of $100. Or upgrade ONLINE with the Tab and get $150 off of any phone!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which Telus/Koodo store was it Judy? 
Salmon Arm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Linkletter wrote:

Salmon Arm

Ok. The offer somehow got stuck but it is fixed now and the store rep should see it. If you want the extra $50 for upgrading online we will need to help you with that. Pls private message us on Facebook if that's the rout you'd like to take.  
Judy Linkletter wrote:

Salmon Arm

thanks, I got to the store and it's a Telus store that is just a Koodo dealer and yes they could see the credit but couldn't give it to me as I was buying the phone from Telus and paying for the phone outright in order to keep my current plan.  I would have had to drive an hour to the nearest Koodo kiosk store to get the credit.  Is it at all possible to put the credit onto my account - or do I need to wait until we get another phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Linkletter wrote:

Salmon Arm

You received  $100 Tab credit (or $150 for online purchase) and you shouldn't be losing it until you used it. So you can wait if you want.

I'm a little confused.
If it's Koodo dealer, then they should be able to sell you a phone under Koodo.
Also, you can use Tab S to keep you current plan.
A5 is $500 phone, but you can buy it with $120 upfront and put $240 on Tab S right now. You just need to pay $20 upfront on Tab S with your $100 credit.

Salmon Arm  BC
Userlevel 6
Hey Judy, Just out of curiosity what plan do you have? I’m trying to ponder why the Telus/Koodo dealer gave you that advise. The only thing I can think of is that you have a plan that is less than $30 and it is asking them to change the plan at least $30 on Tab Small. As mentioned by Mayumi, they should be able to sell you the phone on Tab Small and be able to keep your existing plan as long as it is higher than $30.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Hey Judy, Just out of curiosity what plan do you have? I’m trying to ponder why the Telus/Kood...

AFAIK, you can use Tab S to purchase a new phone even if your plan is under $30 if you are existing customer.  $30 requirement is for new customers.
So in other words, Tab S is the only choice if existing customers  want to keep your plan under $30, but want to use Tab.
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

Hey Judy, Just out of curiosity what plan do you have? I’m trying to ponder why the Telus/Kood...

The system does not allow any plan under $30 to be added during an upgrade to Tab Small, only No Tab. What the Telus/Koodo dealer could of done is to call in to Channel Support before the upgrade, explain the situation to them that the customer want their old plan below $30 with the upgrade. They may agree to have the expired plans added back on after the transaction. Honestly though, expired plans below $30, only have around 50-150 minutes. Some customers find the current $30 plan to be more of value to them.
Erwin wrote:

my plan was $29 plus $5 add-on for data and included 200 minutes so I know I have a good deal.  I already bought the phone yesterday, but will let the agent know what he could have done to help the next person
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

Hi Judy, I’m glad you were able to upgrade your phone yesterday 🙂 Hopefully, you’ll like the A5. It is a great phone, my cousin love her A5 especially the camera quality.