Koodo Community
Solved

Tab balance

• 9 March 2019
  • 7 replies

What happened to my $150.00 tab positive balance , it has not been posted on my account for a while
icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 9 March 2019, 15:01

@Doug1 Positive tab as a concept was retired in 2017. Customers who had tab remained on their account were converted to a dollar amount that can be used towards the purchase of a new phone. When you are ready to buy a new one, if you are one of the ex-positive tab customers you will see the price for the phone discounted at the till or online.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It has not been posted? What does that mean? It didn't disappear for sure. Have you checked self serve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Doug1 Positive tab as a concept was retired in 2017. Customers who had tab remained on their account were converted to a dollar amount that can be used towards the purchase of a new phone. When you are ready to buy a new one, if you are one of the ex-positive tab customers you will see the price for the phone discounted at the till or online.
Userlevel 3
I think something similar has happened to me. I had $70 in positive tab and got the message that I could spend $150 when buying a phone online. When I go to pick a phone, however, I can only get the $150 off if I select Tab medium. When I select Tab small it only gives me $70 off. When I try to buy with Tab medium it says my plan does not qualify since it is a $45 plan. This was tab medium when I got the plan, but the rates have gone up.

So now I either lose the $80, or I have to upgrade to the $55 plan and pay an extra $120 a year for a plan I don't need (I need the unlimited minutes but don't need more than 2GB of data).

Is this an error? Is this happening to other people as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think something similar has happened to me. I had $70 in positive tab and got the message that I could spend $150 when buying a phone online. When I go to pick a phone, however, I can only get the $150 off if I select Tab medium. When I select Tab small it only gives me $70 off. When I try to buy with Tab medium it says my plan does not qualify since it is a $45 plan. This was tab medium when I got the plan, but the rates have gone up.

So now I either lose the $80, or I have to upgrade to the $55 plan and pay an extra $120 a year for a plan I don't need (I need the unlimited minutes but don't need more than 2GB of data).

Is this an error? Is this happening to other people as well?

You have $70 towards a new phone.
Extra $80 is as bonus if you switch to Tab M... I believe that’s the way Koodo get customers to move to more expensive plans ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The $150 should be good for tab small as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The $150 should be good for tab small as well.

I might misread the meaning of “I can only get the $150 off if I select Tab medium”...
I thought that condition to get $150 off have to move to Tab M.
Userlevel 3
Yes, I think it says I should have the $150 in tab towards anything (they stopped adding the 10% towards the tab, but my bill stayed the same).

When I go to buy a phone the phone is only $70 cheaper if I select tab S but $150 cheaper if I select tab M. If I select tab M, however, there is a message that I need to change my plan.