Koodo Community

Community

Tab balance

This began about 1 month or so. I wanted to pay off my tab but, I do not want to pay 10 to some company for leaving. I paid my bill of in full and it still states that I have e to be with them for at least 90 days and not be on a spending program. Come on koodo I hate this company now.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's standard procedure to prevent people from grabbing a phone and leave.
Userlevel 1
If you are not leaving, what are you trying to accomplish by paying off your Tab?
If you want to "grab a phone and leave," no Canadian provider can prevent that, and so there is no such thing as standard procedure. Simply call Koodo to cancel the line, and they will send a final bill with the Tab balance.

The Wireless Code
G. Contract cancellation and extension
5. Cancellation date
i. Customers may cancel their contract at any time by notifying their service provider.
ii. Cancellation takes effect on the day that the service provider receives notice of the cancellation.
http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you are not leaving, what are you trying to accomplish by paying off your Tab?
If you wan...

He properly wanted to keep the rateplan and just upgrade the phone, given the new plans aren't generous.

However, as most of the promotion for phone was also gone, paying TAB + geting a new phone = a full-price new phone.
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

I was merely venting, but also upset that I have to call in to a rep. For something that I am supposed to be able to do my self, by the way I have with koodo since about 2013 so I am not going, to just buy a phone and ditch. I am also not on any kind of social media.
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

Probably going to go with freedom mobile in a couple of months anyways.
Userlevel 6
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

It is written down in your service agreement when you upgraded your phone that you must wait 90 days to pay off your tab. If you actually think about it, the Tab charge is fair and there is no interest added to it if you take the full 2 year term of paying off your Tab. So there is nothing to worry about. In my experience, I had to pay off my tab before my two year term ended but only because I wanted to upgrade my phone.
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

See the thing I was able to pay it off a couple of months ago but now when I want to I am not able to do that.
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

Also I has been more then 90 days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

Just port out to Freedom and Koodo will send you a final bill which will include your tab remaining.  No need to deal with Koodo beforehand
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

Indeed if it were the case that it was less than 90 days you could still port out regardless. You cannot be made to wait or penalized when you port.
You-Know-Who wrote:

If you wan...

Just wanted to thank everyone for replying to my problem ,it got resolved. Have a few more questions will open thread...