Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tab balance

when i use my avalible tab balance, do I have to change my rate plan and sign a 2 year agreement? Or can i just use it towards the cost of a phone outright?

10 replies

Userlevel 4
You don't have to sign a 2 year agreement. If you want to start a new tab you can pay back up to $300 in equal instalments over 24 months, to put towards the new device cost.
Userlevel 1
Justin wrote:

You don't have to sign a 2 year agreement. If you want to start a new tab you can pay back up to ...

Paying back $300 in equal installments over 24 months = 2 year agreement
Userlevel 4
Justin wrote:

You don't have to sign a 2 year agreement. If you want to start a new tab you can pay back up to ...

You are under no commitment to stay for 24 months, you can pay the Tab back right away if you wish, you are essentially month to month. You can pay off. The TAB 5 minutes later and leave Koodo if you wish.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justin wrote:

then yes, based on your definition, getting a subsidized phone (or free loan for a phone) will always put you on a 2 year agreement. THis is the case for all providers. The only around this is to bring your own phone.
Justin wrote:

What is my tab balance at of today' date.  My account # 33478336 Phone number is 250-218-5276
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justin wrote:

Please start a new thread if you have a question. Also please don't post personal info here as it is a public forum. You can check in your self-serve account online to see what your tab balance is. If you haven't registered yet then go here: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/registering-self-serve
Thanks guys, I understand i can just pay the remaining tab balance after I have applied my avaliable tab balance, which is currently at $150. I want to know, now that if I use my avaliable tab balance towards a new phone, am I obligated to change my rate plan? Currently I have a plan that gives me 2Gb of data for $56 and unlimted nation wide calling and international text.
Userlevel 7
moiza67 wrote:

Thanks guys, I understand i can just pay the remaining tab balance after I have applied my avalia...

No, you're not required to change your rate plan.
Userlevel 6
moiza67 wrote:

Thanks guys, I understand i can just pay the remaining tab balance after I have applied my avalia...

no, you can upgrade with new phone on new tab AND keep your existing plan if you want, except for Tab Plus. If you go with Tab Plus, you need to take a tab plus plan
moiza67 wrote:

Thank You