Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching tab balances

I am an existing customer for a couple years now and the tab balance has already been paid off. My current phone is now freezing up way too often so I need to change my phone. I want to change from the 150 tab to the 500 to get an iPhone. Does anyone know if I will have to do another credit check?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Nope, Tab redemptions don't do a credit check, but you can't be on the Spending Limit Program. I just want to let you know, however, that the Tab L ($500 subsidy) option isn't very good value due to the limited and expensive plan options available. I recommend you take Tab M instead (-300 Tab), as you'll then be able to take any of the "regular" plans offered or keep your existing one as long as it's above $30. You'll only have to pay an extra $5 on top of your plan to help pay the subsidy, which falls off automatically after 24 months or whenever the Tab is paid off (whichever comes first). If you want to go for a high subsidy, I recommend Robellus because they'll have a better phone selection and 2GB of data for the same price Koodo offers for 1 on Tab L.
Thanks. I'm not on the spending limit program anymore but I currently have a $60 plan with 2GB so I guess I'd have to change my plan if I wanted to move to the Tab L, which I don't want to do.
Userlevel 7
Shayla Kennedy wrote:

Thanks. I'm not on the spending limit program anymore but I currently have a $60 plan with 2GB so...

So then your option to keep it would be to use Tab M. You'll get a -300 Tab but can keep your plan (add $5 for Tab charge). It's $425 upfront, but the freedom to take any of the "regular" plans is a nice benefit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shayla Kennedy wrote:

Thanks. I'm not on the spending limit program anymore but I currently have a $60 plan with 2GB so...

Also you mentioned "your tab balance has already been paid off". So if you have a positive tab, you can use it toward to new phone too.