Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Still taking off tab percentage even though tab is paid off

I have made so many payments on my blackberry that my tab balance had reached zero but Koodo continues to charge me for the tab % and my tab has a credit now. They should stop taking the tab % of so my bill will be 10% cheaper. Can I stop the tab charge? thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
The tab continues to accrue until it reaches +150$ However you can call in and ask koodo to freeze your tab where it is and give you the 10% discount instead.
you can stop it or you can leave it there and use it towards upgrading to a newer device up to $150 tab credits
Userlevel 7
Mohammad Malik wrote:

you can stop it or you can leave it there and use it towards upgrading to a newer device up to $1...

Well said.
I am in the same boat.  I finished paying my tab on Junes bill. This month When I go to my self serve page it says I owe $79.75, but when I print off my bill, it says I owe $84.75.

This is the confusing part

Your Koodo Tab Opening Tab Balance -1.50
 Koodo Contribution                               6.00
Your Contribution (Tab Charge)             5.00
Upgrades, payoff & credits                   -5.00
Closing Tab Balance                              4.50

So do I pay the 79 or the 84 ...  not sure

Bill Hackney

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BillHackney wrote:

I am in the same boat.  I finished paying my tab on Junes bill. This month When I go to my s...

Apparently you didn't finish paying your tab because it says "-1.50." Now I'd have assumed it would have only taken 1.50 as a contribution or nothing if Koodo's contribution would cover it, but I guess not. You should no longer be contributing after this bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BillHackney wrote:

I am in the same boat.  I finished paying my tab on Junes bill. This month When I go to my s...

The balance due on self serve is updated in real time as charges and credits are applied. The pdf ebill, for all practical purposes, is exactly the same as a printed bill that gets mailed to you. It never changes once it's published. It would appear that a $5 credit was applied to your account after the ebill was posted, which is why the balance showing on self service is $5 less than that on the pdf bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BillHackney wrote:

On closer inspection of what you posted, the explanation is as follows: You still owed money on the tab at the beginning of the month ($1.50). Koodo's sustain therefore applied the tab charge and koodo's tab contribution. Since koodo's contribution of $6.00 brought the tab balance to +4.50, you were then refunded the $5 you were charged for the tab payment.
BillHackney wrote:

Thanks for info guys .. helps alot