Koodo Community
Solved

Starting a tab as an existing Koodo customer?? Very fed up!

• 28 March 2021
  • 4 replies

So i have been with koodo for 5 years now. When I first became a customer I didnt have good credit at the time so couldn't qualify for a tab and had to purchase whatever cheap phone I could afford at the time. Over the years I have tried changing phones and finally getting a tab but each time I am told I need to have perfect payments for over 6 months and if I'm even 1 day late the 6 months starts over. Just a year ago my phone at the time was no longer working so I needed a new one. I was again refused and ended up paying over 400 dollars to an outside seller to get a working phone. That phone that I purchased is now having issues and I am completely fed up with this company. I will not be paying hundreds more dollars just to get a new phone with an outside company. My brother who has terrible credit was able to sign up as a new customer and get a brand new phone and tab whereas  I have been a faithful customer for years and have good credit now, how can I get a tab so i can get a working phone? I'm very much considering switching companies if I can not find some way to resolve this 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 28 March 2021, 05:03

Have you had any late payments for the past 6-8 months?

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When’s the last time? Did you agree to go on a 6 month thing in order to qualify with Koodo? Or just refuse? What sort of issues are you having? It may well be worth it to get it repaired, depending.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When’s the last time? Did you agree to go on a 6 month thing in order to qualify with Koodo? Or just refuse? What sort of issues are you having? It may well be worth it to get it repaired, depending.

The last time was a year ago. I'm going to try again but if like last time they find one month that a bill was paid a day late in the last 8 months and reject me for grttinf a tab again I will probably just cancel my contract. And no this was never agreed upon nor did I even know when I originally signed up for my first plan 5 years ago that this was even a thing. The sales rep made it seem like I could wait a year or two until my credit improved and could then qualify for a tab easily. The issue with my phone is a micro crack under the screen that is causing random apps to open close, volume turns up and down on its own, etc. The screen would need to be fully replaced which would be too costly and not worth it.

I cant quite remember as I've had alot going on what with having 2 children. But everytime this happens they find 1 payment that's like a day late and reject me from a tab once again. I will try again soon but if I'm turned down I refuse to purchase a new phone myself and wait months again. I will most likely cancel my contract.