Koodo Community

Community

Revamped Canada-wide plans unlike any other carrier

Userlevel 6
I think its time for Koodo to bring out the Innovate sledge hammer once again and change the mobile market with plans that other carrier cannot match. Koodo has launched the Tab system and practically any other carrier like Virgin has copied our plans. Right now, it feels like were following to match others than creating new ones. I think we should offer more for the same price we have now. Offer more data on our existing data plans. Increase the tab, do you have any idea on what Koodo should offer on the current plans?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
More data is always nice. Would like to see per-second billing again.
Userlevel 3
Dennis wrote:

I miss the per second billing. I was really hoping they were going to change their mind and bring it back. I'm now on one of the newer, per minute, plans, but the double minutes takes some of the bite out of losing per second as I have not even come close to using all my minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

It's all about data now. All the lower plans should be unlimited minutes
Userlevel 6
Your company's shareholders might not agree with you. 🙂 You are essentially to give more for the same price. I imagine most of your customers who until then paid more would switch to the new plan and pay your company less. Basically you just cut your company's revenue. 🙂 I'd love to see it because I would benefit but I'm not sure from a business perspective it would be wise. Everywhere I look things are costing more and get less. Even yoghurt. 🙂 The other day I noticed that the containers got smaller by about 25ml. Same yoghurt, same brand a year ago had more in it. What your boss asked you to work more hours for the same pay? 🙂 Would you do that?
Chris Petersens wrote:

Your company's shareholders might not agree with you. 🙂 You are essentially to give more for th...

Don't go there on the dairy issue...The good ice cream was all 2L now it's like 1.6L and much more! How's Santa supposed to be so jolly?
Userlevel 2
Ever considered that Koodo might not want to 'change the mobile market'? Their is no plan Koodo could possibly come out with that the Rogers & Bell value brands are unable to match, they all operate on the same playing field, if one can offer something, the others can as well. And I think we've seen the price matching that goes on when one of these value carriers lower their price. They're all well aware that if nobody lowers their prices, they all win. Edit: I see Chris Petersens has made a similar point.
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Ever considered that Koodo might not want to 'change the mobile market'? Their is no plan Koodo ...

We've all seen last year's Price Matching Parade between Koodo/Fido/Virgin, which took a $60 plan [i]all the way down to $56. It was entertaining at best, and showed everyone what truly happens when real competition kicks in, huh... Have to agree with mattjs here! I'd love to see that, but it ain't gonna happen. And I have a feeling this thread is going to be tagged "Not Planned" in 5, 4, 3....
mattjs wrote:

Ever considered that Koodo might not want to 'change the mobile market'? Their is no plan Koodo ...

4, 3....where's 2?still no weight in from Koodo
mattjs wrote:

Maybe Koodo has no need to reply to this as their rate plans speak for them.
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Great point, Topper. If someone offers a great deal, others will follow and in an effort to have the best value, carriers like Koodo/Virgin/Fido will match it until the bare bottom.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Verizon might be buying wind apparently, or at least they're interested. This is according to the globe and Mail. If this pans out it'll be interesting to see what approach they take to win over customers initially.
mattjs wrote:

Saw that too, but unsure how CRTC will welcome them: would like to see a good 1-rate North American plan tho
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

I think they would welcome them tbh, I mean, they want competition it seems and no Canadian backers have stepped up. Wind is already internationally backed and America is about as 'friendly' as it gets, in terms of favourable foreign ownership. I think an all inclusive NA plan would definitely happen if this went through, as well as no US roaming...
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Been reading a couple of Verizon forums since I heard that news, and it wasn't pretty, lol! Judging by those who commented, the general guess is that if Verizon was to enter the Canadian market, they'd sell their services for an even higher price than what we have right now from the Big3, driving prices up instead of down. Some called them worse than AT&T with their policies, especially the tight locking down of devices (like the VZW Galaxy Nexus nightmare). Anyway, I don't have any personal experience with them, but maybe they're just a little too big, confident and pompous to have a "positive" impact on our current market. Time will tell!
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Well that's just illogical, which I guess shows the quality of the US education system lol. If they come here, they will have no option but to aggressively expand coverage/service to make themselves competitive (which they can afford to do - and quite quickly), and in order to win over customers they have no choice but to undercut their competitors, at least initially. Things may level off eventually, but their is no way they come here, spend millions buying out Wind, millions more buying part of the 700mhz spectrum, and then offer pricing plans higher then everyone else. Business & Economics 101.
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

.. and I agree with you 100% mattjs! However, the little voice in my head tells me those posters on the VZW forums might be on to something, so I'm not getting my hopes too high up for now. If they (Verizon) do the right thing though, I'll be first in line to applaud a 4th serious carrier in Canada!
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

I would be beyond shocked if they didn't go that route. Time will tell though, definitely interested to see how this plays out
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

I'll bring the popcorn, go find some chairs, lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've seen other posts about this, but regional pricing needs to be eliminated. I wish the CRTC would have added that to the Wireless Code of Conduct
One thing I know: the Verizon plans at my former work in the US were better in 2008 then today...