Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Remaining Tab Balance Waived For Hardware Upgrade Remaining With Koodo?

I just hardware upgraded from a Nexus 4 to a Nexus 5 from a local Wal-mart I had near $36 remaining on existing tab.. Wal-mart CSR said I should call a Koodo CSR and see if they would eliminate the existing tab as a loyalty for upgrade and remain with Koodo...is this something that is happening? or just wishful thinking? Otherwise I assume my original tab is tacked on to my next bill?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no guaranty (not everyone get remaining tab waived), but you can try to call and ask them. *611 from your phone, option 5 for customer service 🙂
Userlevel 6
Wishful thinking if you ask me. Well and biggest ripoff if they do it for you. Either they do it for all or no one. I hope koodo reads this and understands that making side deals is bad for their business.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RudyW wrote:

Wishful thinking if you ask me. Well and biggest ripoff if they do it for you. Either they do it ...

You have every right to call and try to do it as well Rudy nothings stopping you. It's usually not done just for a simple upgrade however, it's usually done in cases where the caller is having serious issues with their present phone that Koodo may be well aware of and it's done as a courtesy to help them upgrade to a new phone thats out of warranty.
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

Wishful thinking if you ask me. Well and biggest ripoff if they do it for you. Either they do it ...

I 100% agree with Paul, you can too Rudy
Userlevel 5
Kind Agree with Rudy, if everyone started doing this, you are just going to cause longer wait times oh the phone, and its kind unfair for people who don't do it neither....
I haven't tried this and for now the remaining balance is still carried over to my next monthly bill as per the contract printout I have from the the store showing my Tab balance set back to -150. The Wal-Mart CSR just mentioned to me to give it a shot. He was going to do it but the kiosk was getting busy and said he didnt have the time. I never bothered but was just wondering if it was something that was happening and if I was missing out.