Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Regarding the relation between the Tab and the monthly bill

Just want a little clarification regarding what happens when I finish off paying my tab. The amount I pay every month was I think predicated on what size tab I chose. I heard that when it's all paid off through that 15% percentage, it starts adding up positively into a new tab that can be used for an upgrade or something. Is there an option once I pay off my tab to, instead of accumulating into a positive tab, have my monthly bill reduced in lieu of having a positive tab, as I'm not interested in new phones. Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once your tab hit zero, you have choice to switch to get 10% discount on your monthly bill instead of accumulating into a positive tab. You'll need to call customer service do it 🙂
Ah cool, sounds good. Many thanks! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Ah cool, sounds good. Many thanks! :)

(^_^)
Userlevel 1
If you are finished your tab and go monthly at a 10% discount, how long is your monthly rate guaranteed? With most providers you sign a contract and they guarantee the price for 2 years. But with Koodo, no contract, which is great, but can't the rate change at anytime? Or is there some guarantee that your rate will stay unchanged for some period of time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can keep your rate plan until you decided to switch to different plan. I know some people still keeping their $15 plan from long time ago. If you are on the 10% didiscount now and want to upgrade your phone with the tab, 10% discontinued will be removed.
Userlevel 1
Mayumi wrote:

You can keep your rate plan until you decided to switch to different plan. I know some people st...

Thanks for the quick response. I am done my contract with Telus on Sunday and will be switching to Koodo on Monday. Bringing my unlocked Nexus 5 over as well so I should be eligible for the 10% discounted rate. Good to know if I choose a plan on Monday that my plan is guaranteed for as long as I choose to keep it, even if Koodo no longer offers the plan anymore. That's awesome, thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

You can keep your rate plan until you decided to switch to different plan. I know some people st...

You're welcome 🙂 Also if you want to keep your phone number, you can port it to Koodo. So don't cancel Telus account. (They need active account to port your number). Bring your Telus account info to Koodo shop and tell them you want to keep your number. They will help you out 😃
Mayumi wrote:

It was also such a fast service, back in January I was with Public Mobile, and they ported my number in 30 minutes!
Userlevel 1
Mayumi wrote:

Thanks Mayumi. That's what I plan on doing, porting my number. I will bring my account info as you suggested and hopefully they can help me out. I'll be going during my lunch break from work so fingers crossed there is no hassle. Thanks again for your prompt response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

(^_^)