Koodo Community

Community

Redeem forum points for tab discounts

Userlevel 6
Would be cool to reward active forum users with the ability to redeem forum points towards tab discounts.

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This would create too much spam on the forum. It think it has already been suggested, but hasn't been accepted as an idea... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

This would create too much spam on the forum. It think it has already been suggested, but hasn't ...

I still like the idea
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

This would create too much spam on the forum. It think it has already been suggested, but hasn't ...

As Robert said....it would drive a ton of gaming from people. We've seen it before with even lesser incentives. 
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

What if they changed it so points can only be given by forum admins, etc? That way, spamming will get you nothing, but useful/helpful posts would get points when recognized by staff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. :-) 
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Maybe it could go by likes granted by Mobile Masters and Koodo staff.
Robert wrote:

I would think so
Robert wrote:

I believe this NEEDS to be implemented , it creates an actual incentive for people to help other people on the forums we deserve to redeem these points towards our TAB because we put in HARD work to actually answer questions. Secondly Moderators can be assigned to deal with any spamming or abuse of getting points. 
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

I don't know whether this "needs" to be implemented, I think it'd just be an awesome idea.
It'd be cool for the system to award active contributors other than Mobile Masters, at very least with tab discounts.
In fact, no carrier "needs" to provide a forum. These are nice platforms offering an alternative support channel to assist subscribers.
Would be cool if the Koodo/Telus staff can strategize a rewards system for non-Mobile Masters who make substantial beneficial contributions to the forum.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

The incentive is to become a Mobile Master, isn't it? 🙂 Once you become one there are quite a few benefits. See 5th paragraph:

https://techvibes.com/2014/02/04/online-community-driving-forces-behind-koodos-success-2014-02-04
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

It's not easy to become a mobile master 😛
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Ooooooo nice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

@titaniumtux
   It's not that hard to become a Mobile Master, but does require diligence and persistence. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Like Kermit the Frog once said, things are not always easy: 

"It's not that easy being green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold-
or something much more colorful like that."

Userlevel 6
I heard that Public Mobile's forum has community rewards for active contributors.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

I heard that Public Mobile's forum has community rewards for active contributors.

Yes, they provide a monthly bill discount based on your level of activity from 1-10 dollars a month
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

Perhaps Koodo Mobile could do the same?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

If all carriers did the same, there'd only be need for one. Differentiation provides choice to the consumer.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

OK so which carrier can give me discounts on groceries and gas? I think the moment a carrier partners up with a major grocery store and gas bar, even if it's a 1% discount on every purchase, everyone will flock to that provider 😃
titaniumtux wrote:

CIBC used to offer a credit card that had TELUS rewards but it is no longer offered 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

Rogers and Fido have cash back credit cards. It's a good rate for free if you happen to be a customer.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

@Goran you beat me to it. Fido's credit card seems tempting...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hell! No!!!! I am vehemently against that idea because we're already seeing a huge increase of meaningless posts that warp several genuine questions into ever increasing ripples of endless and meaningless discussion. It is the very reason I stopped participation in Public Mobile to tell the truth I just couldn't take the endless "improving" of posts. Please don't ever introduce that madness here... It's the worst system ever imo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hell! No!!!! I am vehemently against that idea because we're already seeing a huge increase of...

To improve on Sophia's comment, I would like to add that the ripples are not endless.  They end when posts are archived.  Which I feel this post will be soon. 😉