Koodo Community
Solved

Purchasing from Koodo vs Google

• 17 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, 
I would like a Pixel4a to replace my PixelXL. A longtime Google fanboy I’m wondering why I would buy from Koodo instead of directly from google. 

Any reason why purchasing from a carrier like Kood would be better?

icon

Best answer by nim4165 17 September 2020, 16:50

Buying from koodo may also make you eligible to benefit from one of the ongoing promotions which are only available (to new customers and) to existing customers who upgrade their phone. 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nope, other than the ability to finance some, or all of the purchase price over two years instead of paying for it up front.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sometimes people don't want or not be able to pay it all at once. 

Otherwise, there is no difference. If you can buy it outright, then you should buy it from Google.

OK thanks  to both of you.  Google seems to have longer shipping so Koodo could be better on that front.

Userlevel 7

Buying from koodo may also make you eligible to benefit from one of the ongoing promotions which are only available (to new customers and) to existing customers who upgrade their phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would normally buy direct from Google, but Google has seriously botched the 4a release, especially in Canada. Multiple delays and it’s finally released on September 10, only to reveal that they barely had any stock - by the end of the day on the 10 shipping was already showing at October 21st, and I just checked now and if I ordered today, I’d get it on November 3. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would normally buy direct from Google, but Google has seriously botched the 4a release, especially in Canada. Multiple delays and it’s finally released on September 10, only to reveal that they barely had any stock - by the end of the day on the 10 shipping was already showing at October 21st, and I just checked now and if I ordered today, I’d get it on November 3. 

I ordered it through Koodo at night of Sep 10th and received on 14th. It was so smooth. 😁👍