Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Positive Tab balance & new phone - pay difference up front?

I have a +140 Tab balance, and would like to get a Nexus 4. However, I would like to pay off the remainder of the cost of the phone right away. Is this possible? I have an older plan which I don't want to give up (Canadawide Super 6gb) and my Tab plan is considered a Small, which I'd also like to stick with.

6 replies

You can pay the remainder up front. You don't have to use your entire tab amount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How much is your plan? If you have a (positive) +140 and want to get Nexus 4 ($300) Tab S : $300 - (140 + 150) = $10 You pay $10 up front and start a new tab with (negative) -150. Tab M( if your plan is $30 or more) : $300- 140 = 160 You pay $0 and start a new tab with (negative) -160 You get Koodo’s Monthly Tab Contribution of 15% of your bill. Your MonthlyTab Contribution is $5 if you choose Tab M
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

How much is your plan? If you have a (positive) +140 and want to get Nexus 4 ($300) Tab S : $...

Just to add to this already spot on explanation: the only way to pay off your tab is cancel your service and pay your last bill. Koodo pays your tab otherwise each month.
I ended up buying it today. I put my entire Tab balance towards my phone plus the $178 difference (I don't know, I like owning the phone outright). Now I'm at 0. Plus, I was switched to 15% Tab accumulation instead of 10% while retaining my plan. So that was cool and pretty painless. I highly recommend the phone. This thing is smooth as butter, and quick!
Userlevel 7
RandMcNally wrote:

I ended up buying it today. I put my entire Tab balance towards my phone plus the $178 difference...

Yup the nexus 4 is one of th best pieces of hardware for the $300 that Koodo sells it for. I had one for a while and I was really impressed with how well it ran.
Userlevel 5
RandMcNally wrote:

I ended up buying it today. I put my entire Tab balance towards my phone plus the $178 difference...

Does that you mean you went on the Tab M or Tab L? If that's true, then does that mean you pay the $5 or the $10 monthly fee for the tab accumulation?