Koodo Community

Community

Porting number - Will recurring charges will be prorated and adjusted to negative tab in final bill ??

I am currently having a negative tab and completed 90 days period to be eligible for phone unlock. If i move to a different provider by porting , will koodo generate the final bill by proration since i have just passed 5 days in my current bill cycle and have been charged for full month in advance in the bill generated yesterday. Wanted to know if the recurring charges will be prorated to the date i ported and remaining amount will adjusted in the negative tab

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Why would you want to switch away from the company with the best phones, customer service, and reception in all of Canada?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your final bill will be included remaining tab balanced and overages if any. You paid your service in advance.(You should get unused portion back) But if you have limited minutes, then it will be prorated too. So if you used a lot of them in 5days, then you have a good chance of getting minutes overage change.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Your final bill will be included remaining tab balanced and overages if any. You paid your servi...

In that last case it may not be beneficial to prorate your bill in you have used more than your prorated share of your minutes or data
Mayumi wrote:

Your final bill will be included remaining tab balanced and overages if any. You paid your servi...

i have a 55$ plan with unlimited minutes and 2 GB shock free data. Have used only 300 MB of data in the last 5 days
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Then you can choose to end your your plan right away.  you seem to be within the proated data amount of your plan
Mayumi wrote:

so just to make sure, i will get charges for my unused portion back, right ? Lets says my bill cycle starts from 13 Jan and ends on 13 Feb for which  i already paid in advance now in the bill generated. Now if i port out on 19 Jan then i will get back the monthly(recurring) charges back for the period of 20 jan to 13 feb. correct ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Data is actually not prorated; just minutes.

Correct you will get the 25 days of the monthly charge back and won't have any overage issues from minutes given that your plan is unlimited.
Mayumi wrote:

Thanks for your comments. I just talked to a rep and they told me that when you port the number your account is in suspended state till bill cycle end date and the remaining days charges are not refunded automatically and we have to request them.

Not sure who is correct
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

When you port out your number is 'suspended' not cancelled.  That's because they need to keep the number in this state for a successful port.  If they cancelled it, the port would never go thru.  You already paid a month in advance so why not port over the day your bill cycle starts? This way you get to enjoy every last drop of your plan and your final bill will be ZERO.  Remember that if you have a negative tab, you final bill will be the remaining tab balance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

The remaining days are credited. You have to call and request they be refunded to you. Koodo usually then sends a cheque.

Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

Oh David! How long waiting on hold will that take?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Long
Userlevel 6
Just be careful, you won't find a $55 plan with 2 GB anywhere, except maybe PC Mobile
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

Just be careful, you won't find a $55 plan with 2 GB anywhere, except maybe PC Mobile

Agreed!