Koodo Community
Question

Plans

I would like to know if I pay of my tab for my phone would I still have my $15 plan because before koodo went to $20+ for a plan they were $15 and I want to pay off my tab to get a new phone but I want my $15 tab would I get it on my new phone.

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 6
You don't have to pay off your tab to get a new phone. Just buy the phone of your choice and use any remaining tab as well to reduce its price. And you can keep your old plan too.
I want the iphone 5 but if I pay off my tab is be alot cheaper.
Userlevel 5
If you're looking at getting the iPhone 5 on a contract you will not be able to keep your plan and will have to switch to the iPhone 65 or 80 plan (at the bottom of the plan page). If you buy the phone out at full price you can keep your plan, and you could use whatever you have room for on your tab to take some of the money off. There is no way to pay off your tab without cancelling your service, and really if you paid off the part you owed just to re-use it you're really no better off.
i just want to know would I still have the $15 plan... if I cancel my service and get a new phone...
anyone?
Userlevel 2
Hey Shawn; Koodo no longer offers any $15 rate plans. The rate plan you have is an expired rate plan. The minimum that you would be going onto is a $20 rate plan. You still get the same amount of minutes, but you switch from Per Second Billing to Per Minute Billing, gain Canadian Long Distance as well as Call Display & VoiceMail. Let me know have any further questions 🙂.
Userlevel 5
So basically, if you cancel your account and get the iPhone 5, you cannot get your $15 plan back. The new cheapest plan is the $20 plan and then you would need to add the $5 unlimited texting add-on, totalling into a $25/month. However, whatever you have left on your tab, you can use to get your new iPhone 5. Ex: I have -50 on my tab. You can use up to $100, so your tab goes back to -150 and you pay the remaining amount. If you aren't much of a talker, I'd suggest you go on Koodo's Prepaid. It's only $15/month for the base plan (Unlimited texts, caller ID, voicemail) and then you can purchase a $25 Talk Booster that consists 500 minutes. Those minutes don't expire, so you can keep using them until you use them all.
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Also is it better to cancel my service now or when my next bills is which is oct 24, 2012 like would I still have to pay the regular bill or would it take money off the bills. Ex. I pay $28.50 a month and the next bill is due oct 24 if i cancel my service lets say oct 7 do I still need to pay 28.50 that month? Also if I cancel my service I keep the phone right?
Userlevel 1
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...Why would you cancel? You don't have to cancel to get the iphone5 and if you don't cancel you could keep your $15 plan. Why do you wnt to pay off your tab when you don't have to?
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...im not looking for a iphone 5 anymore....and plus wouldnt it be cheaper? and can someone just answer the questions...please and thank you.
Userlevel 5
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...You need to give Koodo a 30 day heads up when cancelling or else they'll charge the next month automatically. And no. It is not cheaper to cancel and the re-join Koodo. It's pointless. The only change is that you lose your $15 plan and per-second billing.
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...whats per-second billing?
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...ignore that question I just ask... Thanks for your answer all I need to know now is do I keep the phone and if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct?
Userlevel 5
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...If you cancel your service, yes; you get to keep your phone. It is 100% yours. If you begin your service again, you can put up to $150 on your tab and pay the remaining amount.
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...so if a phones $300 it would be $150?
Userlevel 5
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...You pay $150 outright and $150 goes on the tab.
if I cancel my service I would have $150 and I could use that for any phone correct? Als...Thanks for your time.